Hi

Old Aug 21st 2019, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

24 hours is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Just a quick hello. Trying to find my way☺. I'm a now retired member of law enforcement ( Police ). Yes, single. Most of my family resides in Essex UK. Difficult to slow down after departing from my former life, so I run a small cattle ranch, as well as growing alfalfa. Thinking seriously of moving to France ( Brittany ) for part of the year. My kids are grown & doing their own thing ( one Mountie & one artist ). Cheers!
Daniel
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 6:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by 24 hours
Just a quick hello. Trying to find my way☺. I'm a now retired member of law enforcement ( Police ). Yes, single. Most of my family resides in Essex UK. Difficult to slow down after departing from my former life, so I run a small cattle ranch, as well as growing alfalfa. Thinking seriously of moving to France ( Brittany ) for part of the year. My kids are grown & doing their own thing ( one Mountie & one artist ). Cheers!
Daniel
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
This is a world-wide Introduction forum and you should post again in the France forum, where knowledgeable folk will advise about living in France "for part of the year" (boring issues such as Tax Residency, Healthcare, etc..., and who knows what will happen after Brexit?). Give a bit more info on yourself, e.g. what would your source of income be if you don't intend to work? how's your French? Why Brittany in particular?
A lot depends on how long "part of the year" will be and whether you intend to actually work remotely during that time, and those more in the know will explain at least the present time-limits and conditions.
HTH
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 6:54 pm
Banned

Magmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 9:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

You are living in Canada, retired from the Police Force, safe to assume you are a Canadian citizen and perhaps a British citizen, as well?

I see you have been to the France forum. May I ask that you have a read of the Forum Rules when you have a minute. It is short and to the point.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
Good luck with your move.
Rita
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

24 hours is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. Read it. Ty