Reload this Page >

Brit in Riyadh

Brit in Riyadh

Old Jul 21st 2019, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

tonymahony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brit in Riyadh

Hi I"m Antony from Shropshire,
I've just recently moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for work.I worked here back in 2003-2007 and some things have changed and somethings haven't. boy I missed a good shawarma. I'm here on my own and i'm looking to chat and get out there and explore. please drop me a message.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 21st 2019 at 10:35 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

marce54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brit in Riyadh

Originally Posted by tonymahony
Hi I"m Antony from Shropshire,
I've just recently moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for work.I worked here back in 2003-2007 and some things have changed and somethings haven't. boy I missed a good shawarma. I'm here on my own and i'm looking to chat and get out there and explore. please drop me a message.
Hi Antony,
I'm moving to Riyadh in a couple of months, first time for me, currently living in Dubai. Would love to get any info from you regarding compounds, transportation, activities etc. It's not going to be as easy for me living there (female, divorced, old as the hills) but I'm going to keep positive and try and make the best of it. Hope to chat soon.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Single women can have a good life in Saudi. Not sure about Riyadh though - my experiences were in Jeddah, Dhahran and small-towns like Tabuk and Hafr. Mind you I am not a female !
Old Aug 19th 2019, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Brit in Riyadh

Hi Scot47 - thanks for your message. I'm just wondering if men & women can hang out to do activities, play golf, trips to the desert etc? I'm not particularly interested in the 'party' life, done that, got the t-shirt, lol. This will be a big transition from Dubai so I'm trying to weigh up all the pros and cons. My firm has sent me a long list of compounds - do you know which, if any, have the best community spirit with lots of things to do? Any intel you can provide will be great, thank you
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Best to get up-to-date info from those on the spot.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Ok, thank you.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Good Afternoon Marce,
Sorry for the late reply i've been back in blighty soaking up the rain.
as i'm reasonably new in the kingdom i may not be the best person to ask as i'm still finding my feet myself.
I'm staying at the Areco Al Waha compound, but seeing as its a community spirit you are looking for i'm pretty sure thats not the compound for you as it is quiet (good gym though). the popular compounds seem to be Al Hamra, Al Bustan, Eid Villas, Al Fursan, Al Nahkla etc.. From what i have seen Saudi is opening up for women,it is still very conservative outside the the compounds though.
Ant
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ant,
No worries, thanks for responding though, not many people have. I have more info about compounds from my company now so am feeling a bit better about that. I've lived in the UAE for 10 years so am not a complete novice regarding ME, but KSA is a bit behind the times so to speak, lol. I guess once I land things will fall into place. Marce
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marce54
Hi Ant,
No worries, thanks for responding though, not many people have. I have more info about compounds from my company now so am feeling a bit better about that. I've lived in the UAE for 10 years so am not a complete novice regarding ME, but KSA is a bit behind the times so to speak, lol. I guess once I land things will fall into place. Marce
hopefully your company won't leave you high and dry at the Airport and will meet you there?