Hello all...

Old Mar 29th 2022, 7:58 am
Just Joined

FrancoPhil02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all...

just wanted to introduce myself before asking the many questions I need to ask before hopefully moving to France in a year or two?
My name is Phil and I am 60 this year. I currently reside in Germany and have dual British/German nationality. I am looking to buy somewhere small in the Saone-et-Loire region and the plan will be to spend my retirement between south west Germany and said region in France.
I will try and do as much research as I can first by looking for similar questions to those which I have and many more besides. Perhaps the more experienced could preempt the questions I perhaps wouldn't have considered?
Anyway, nice to be here and I lok forward to communicating with you.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 8:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all...

Originally Posted by FrancoPhil02
just wanted to introduce myself before asking the many questions I need to ask before hopefully moving to France in a year or two?
My name is Phil and I am 60 this year. I currently reside in Germany and have dual British/German nationality. I am looking to buy somewhere small in the Saone-et-Loire region and the plan will be to spend my retirement between south west Germany and said region in France.
I will try and do as much research as I can first by looking for similar questions to those which I have and many more besides. Perhaps the more experienced could preempt the questions I perhaps wouldn't have considered?
Welcome to BE
We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the site rules, https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ and, should you have ant site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom right of each forum page.

We do have a specific forum for France and I'm sure the people there will be happy to help with your questions. https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/ our Germany forum can be found here. https://britishexpats.com/forum/germany-134/
Your situation is a lot simpler than many of the people visiting this site as you have citizenship of an EU country, therefore you still have FOM.
Old Apr 1st 2022, 7:17 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrancoPhil02
Hi, as said, since you've got German nationality, you're free to move all around Europe, which makes your situation simpler than for most!
As suggested, post again in the France forum, where, AFAIK, there aren't all that many members in the Saone-et-Loire region, but we can help/advise on general questions which aren't covered by the FAQs in the Read-Me Section.
Old Apr 1st 2022, 9:18 am
Just Joined

FrancoPhil02 is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks.