Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings Fellow Forumers

Greetings Fellow Forumers

Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Barnes76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greetings Fellow Forumers. Moving to Cork, Ireland

Hi to all. Just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I joined this forum to test the waters really. I am looking to move to Cork, Ireland with my Girlfriend & 2yr old son sometime soon. I am Scottish and my G/F Irish. She actually lived in Cork for 10yrs before we meet and we are really excited about moving over. We are struggling financially however at the moment so it's simply a case of checking out for information and educating ourselves on the best ways forward at the moment. Would love to hear from anyone else in a similar situation and look forward to checking out some stories. So thanks for now and good luck all.

Last edited by Barnes76; Aug 4th 2010 at 3:51 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings Fellow Forumers

Hey Barnes, welcome to BE, I think you may find more help for you in the 'moving back to the uk' forum, there are lots of Brits that are planning on or thinking about going 'home', they will be able to give you lots of info. Good luck
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings Fellow Forumers. Moving to Cork, Ireland

Originally Posted by Barnes76
Hi to all. Just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I joined this forum to test the waters really. I am looking to move to Cork, Ireland with my Girlfriend & 2yr old son sometime soon. I am Scottish and my G/F Irish. She actually lived in Cork for 10yrs before we meet and we are really excited about moving over. We are struggling financially however at the moment so it's simply a case of checking out for information and educating ourselves on the best ways forward at the moment. Would love to hear from anyone else in a similar situation and look forward to checking out some stories. So thanks for now and good luck all.
Hello and welcome to BE...it's very nice to meet ou.

I was going to give you the link to our Republic of Ireland forum but I see you have already found the forum.

If you require any assistance finding your way around our other forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

The moderator for that forum is Mitzboy...any problems and concerns should be addressed to him.

Good luck.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:32 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear your difficulties; lets hope you find something to suit you back in Scotland.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Barnes76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys but I think some of you may have got me wrong. I'm moving from Scotland to Ireland not back. Thanks Jerseygirl for the recommendation I'll drop Mitzboy a line if I have any questions
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:46 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Barnes

Welcome to BE.

I would definitely recommend you to the forum devoted to Ireland as there are lots of folk on there who can give you information and advice.
Also I know there are some new members on that forum too who are in the process of or have just moved there, so I think you will be able to pick their brains.

Good luck with your planned move.

Dread - x
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:02 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck matey, I tried a move to Galway before I met my Aussie wife ... love Ireland, absolutely love it.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 7:22 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome...