Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Dani living in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia

Dani living in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Dani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really nice
Wink Dani living in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia

Hi all i'm new to this forum, i'm half Arab/American, Male, 28 years old. Just recently moved from the U.S to Riyadh about a year ago for working purposes. I'm an Art Director/ Creative Director working in a private hospital. Ever since I moved here it was like a slap on the face, anywhere I go. It's like being sucked into a time machine going back 70 years ago. I miss socializing and mingling with civilized people. Anyway just thought I'd drop by and introduce my self, if anyone is in town please feel free to update me with any private or non-private events, parties, etc. I'd love to connect with the right people
Thanks everyone, have a great day, cheers!

Dani
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:38 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dani living in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia

Hi Dani and welcome to B.E.

Just introducing myself as point of contact for the BE site. You can contact me here.

If you want to pop into the Middle East forum you can find it here.

You might like to repost your thread in that section where it will get seen by the regulars, not all of whom visit the welcome inn.

Here's hoping you enjoy B.E.

Alistair
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dani76
Hi all i'm new to this forum, i'm half Arab/American, Male, 28 years old. Just recently moved from the U.S to Riyadh about a year ago for working purposes. I'm an Art Director/ Creative Director working in a private hospital. Ever since I moved here it was like a slap on the face, anywhere I go. It's like being sucked into a time machine going back 70 years ago. I miss socializing and mingling with civilized people. Anyway just thought I'd drop by and introduce my self, if anyone is in town please feel free to update me with any private or non-private events, parties, etc. I'd love to connect with the right people
Thanks everyone, have a great day, cheers!

Dani
Hello Dani...welcome to BE.

Oh dear it sounds like you could well become a ping ponger. A person who moves to live in another country...moves back to their homeland and wants to move back to the previous country.

As you've lived in the US and not the UK you may be best to look for a US forum as this is mainly for British expats. Saying that why don't you pop over to BE's Middle East Forums?

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides to direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

All other questions, problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator. The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell Although if they are not around any of the mods will be more than pleased to help you...there's usually one of us around 24/7.

Here is the link to our US forums...take a look around The Trailer Park forum and join in with the banter is you wish.

Good luck and if you require any help please give me a shout.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:04 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dani

Welcome to BE.
It is always difficult to move to a new place, even when you have possible roots there.
There is a forum for British expats in the Middle East, you will find it on the main forums page. I ma sure the regulars on that forum would be only too happy to have you join in and I am sure you will find yourself invited to some goings on before long. Alos they may be able to advise you of local events etc that may appeal to you.
The main thing is to jump in, get posting and have fun speaking to people in a similar boat.

Good luck

Dread - x
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Dani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really niceDani76 is just really nice

Thanks you guys for the warm welcoming, I'm impressed you guys are really helpful. Keep up the good work I sure will try posting threads in the ME forums and perhaps I'll pass by the Trailer Park forum haha, sounds like a lot of fun. Jerseygirl I feel like I know you already, thanks for the hot tips.
Ciao everyone, and thanks again!

Best Regards,
Ping Ponger
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE