Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Brit in Las Vegas

Brit in Las Vegas

Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

cheryl56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Brit in Las Vegas

Hello everyone. I came across this site last night whilst looking up passport delays,glad I did because it has been very helpful.
Have been living in the States since 2002,takes a while to get used too but overall not a bad place to be,still have yearnings for home though and am super excited to be going home for a visit soon,especially to stock up on all the foody things I really miss.
Just want to say if anyone has questions about Las Vegas feel free to ask.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:41 pm

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brit in Las Vegas

Hi, welcome to BE

Like you I found this site after I'd been an expat for many years, and like you I've found it very helpful.

Hope you enjoy using it as much as I do
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you for the welcome.Really glad I found this site, am addicted already,lots of useful info
Old Jun 4th 2011, 11:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheryl56
Hello everyone. I came across this site last night whilst looking up passport delays,glad I did because it has been very helpful.
Have been living in the States since 2002,takes a while to get used too but overall not a bad place to be,still have yearnings for home though and am super excited to be going home for a visit soon,especially to stock up on all the foody things I really miss.
Hi Cheryl...welcome to BE.

I see you've already jumped in and starting posting in the US Forums...good for you. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's passport problems...it certainly seems to be a disgraceful situation the FCO has got itself in.

BE is very addictive...before you know it you'll be hooked like the rest of us.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 12:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cheryl56,

Welcome to BE, sorry to read that delay in your passport was the reason you found us, but so glad you've joined and I hope you stick around.

Sue
Old Jun 5th 2011, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi cheryl56,

Welcome to BE, sorry to read that delay in your passport was the reason you found us, but so glad you've joined and I hope you stick around.

Sue
Thank you Sue,I definitely will be sticking around.I think this site is going to rank alongside my facebook as most visited
Old Jun 5th 2011, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi Cheryl...welcome to BE.

I see you've already jumped in and starting posting in the US Forums...good for you. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's passport problems...it certainly seems to be a disgraceful situation the FCO has got itself in.

BE is very addictive...before you know it you'll be hooked like the rest of us.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Thank you Jerseygirl,already love BE and I haven't even been a member 24hrs yet
Old Jun 5th 2011, 3:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

In that case there's no turning back for you...
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

oops, I'd better get in and say 'hi' then, you're destined to be part of the furniture!
Hi from Oregon!
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
In that case there's no turning back for you...
I wonder whether there is a case for printing a public health warning at the top of the page.

Rosemary
Old Jun 10th 2011, 2:07 pm
Son's call me a Nomad!

creamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nicecreamern is just really nice

Hello Cheryl,

I live in Vegas too. One of our BE's just moved from here to Conn so I miss her a lot. Speaking of missing things how long have you been in Vegas? Have you tried the International Store on Tropicana and Decatur? They have a nice selection of foods well of all around the world but a decent selection of UK foods as well. I am only a half Brit Dad was from US so I will be putting in my app next month for my UK Citizenship!

Nice to have you aboard here!

Nancy
Old Jun 10th 2011, 6:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cheryl

Welcome to BE from me too and I m really glad you are enjoying being here - be warned though - it gets addictive !!!

Glad you found us and came on board - have fun

Dread - x