Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

American in England hoping to return to sunny L.A.

American in England hoping to return to sunny L.A.

Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

solstice930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default American in England hoping to return to sunny L.A.

Hello all! I'm originally from L.A. but enjoyed my study abroad year in Edinburgh so much, I came back for more and promptly fell in love (moved down to England a year later). I've now been in the UK for nearly 8 years.

My husband was working on a PhD, and finished just before we had a baby girl last year. He's now looking for academic positions, both in the UK and in California. I would love to return home, so we're starting the visa process now, so he will either have a visa sorted to work in the US, or if nothing comes up, we make the move over anyway.

So, anyway, long story short, hello! The resources here have been extremely helpful. The UK visa process was very straightforward, as far as I remember, but the US just seem to make things that little bit more difficult!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American in England hoping to return to sunny L.A.

Hi and welcome to BE
Old Mar 12th 2014, 11:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by solstice930
Hello all! I'm originally from L.A. but enjoyed my study abroad year in Edinburgh so much, I came back for more and promptly fell in love (moved down to England a year later). I've now been in the UK for nearly 8 years.

My husband was working on a PhD, and finished just before we had a baby girl last year. He's now looking for academic positions, both in the UK and in California. I would love to return home, so we're starting the visa process now, so he will either have a visa sorted to work in the US, or if nothing comes up, we make the move over anyway.

So, anyway, long story short, hello! The resources here have been extremely helpful. The UK visa process was very straightforward, as far as I remember, but the US just seem to make things that little bit more difficult!
Welcome to BE.

I suggest you take a look at our US Marriage Based Visas forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35. Any questions you have about obtaining a visa for your husband should be posted in that forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot of useful replies. Good luck.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:09 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

solstice930 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! The US Marriage Based Visas forum has great information.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by solstice930
Thank you! The US Marriage Based Visas forum has great information.
I am pleased you are finding it useful. I hope you join us in the other US forums too.