Reload this Page >

Your Christmas Eve Meal?

Your Christmas Eve Meal?

Old Dec 24th 2005, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your Christmas Eve Meal?

Originally Posted by Sue
Roast beef, yorkshire puds, roast pots etc etc. Then if any room let in our bulging tummys will attack the mountain of goodies my lovely parents in law brought with them from the UK.

By the way....Merry Christmas to one and all
Enjoy Sue, that's our Boxing Day menu and Merry Christmas to you and the family...
Old Dec 24th 2005, 12:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Are you having/do you have a special Christmas Eve meal?

Thanks to the European side of my spouse's family (I have nothing to do with this), my MIL is preparing a "white" meal for Christmas Eve. It's traditional Polish (or is it Catholic. I'm not sure).

There'll be: perch (a white fish), sauerkraut (white cabbage), pierogi, rolls and potato salad. I love all this kind of stuff.

NC Penguin
When my mother was alive we did similar in the food department with our German/Polish heritage. Pierogi (homemade), potato salad, bratwurst and whitewurst (sp), rolls, etc. No fish as Mom didn't like fish. Today though we will have fish. I'm making filet of sole with seafood stuffing served over a bed of sauteed fresh spinach and a side of rice pilaf. There are some of the 20 dozen cookies left for munching.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
. I'm making filet of sole with seafood stuffing served over a bed of sauteed fresh spinach and a side of rice pilaf. There are some of the 20 dozen cookies left for munching.

You sound quite like a Jamie Oliver me thinks...enjoy
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

We always put on right nice buffet spread for Christmas Eve -- sausage rolls, mini quiches, vol-au-vents, curry, mince pies, fairy cakes and other assorted nibblies and chocolate treats! My mum has a catering business, so we get so spoiled with all these traditional homemade British goodies although this year I am making the mince pies which I need to get started on today! Have a fab Chrimbo everyone!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yorkshirelass
We always put on right nice buffet spread for Christmas Eve -- sausage rolls, mini quiches, vol-au-vents, curry, mince pies, fairy cakes and other assorted nibblies and chocolate treats! My mum has a catering business, so we get so spoiled with all these traditional homemade British goodies although this year I am making the mince pies which I need to get started on today! Have a fab Chrimbo everyone!

Hey I'm getting hungry reading this thread and it's only 8AM here lol sounds like you have your mum with you in Fl Yorkshirelass....if so lucky old you...hmm now that would be my #1 wish for Christmas...enjoy those mincies...
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:36 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hey I'm getting hungry reading this thread and it's only 8AM here lol sounds like you have your mum with you in Fl Yorkshirelass....if so lucky old you...hmm now that would be my #1 wish for Christmas...enjoy those mincies...
You cannot beat the smell of minc e pies baking on christmas eve .Something I always did.This year I bought a box at world Market.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You sound quite like a Jamie Oliver me thinks...enjoy

Actually it is the diabetics ideal meal ;-) Low carbs (minus the rice) and quite pleasing to the palate.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:08 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

The curry idea sounds like a tradition we could start ... We have 3 pretty good Indian restaurants withon 5 miles of me now... in Duluth, GA... Faves in this order..

Minerva (States Bridge) - all u can eat buffett lunch - busiest restaurant in town - seats hundreds - seriously.
The Palace (Peachtree Parkway (141)/Holcombe Br)
Clay Oven (States br (120)/Peachtree Ind).. All our English goods sold next door.. awesome prices.

If you live, or visit Atlanta.. Do try em out..\

I think the day after boxing day could easily become a tradition for Indian..
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually it is the diabetics ideal meal ;-) Low carbs (minus the rice) and quite pleasing to the palate.
just might give that a try, sounds del and we are quite a fishy family and try to keep the carbs down....
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=clydegirl]You cannot beat the smell of minc e pies baking on christmas eve .

You are so true, when I was little I used to sit at the kitchen table and brush the milk on the top of the mincies before Mum put them in the oven... now I love a blob of brandy butter on top to finish them off...ohh I'm so hungry
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Yes, I know I am lucky to have my family living here -- right, must really get started on the mincies!! LOL

Last edited by yorkshirelass; Dec 24th 2005 at 2:21 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:20 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Your Christmas Eve Meal?

[QUOTE=TruBrit]
Originally Posted by clydegirl
You cannot beat the smell of minc e pies baking on christmas eve .

You are so true, when I was little I used to sit at the kitchen table and brush the milk on the top of the mincies before Mum put them in the oven... now I love a blob of brandy butter on top to finish them off...ohh I'm so hungry
My daughter has actually brought across with her a bottle of Tesco's Room Spray for Christmas......with the aroma of mince pies and brandy butter. It's wonderful - but it does give me an appetite!

Our local King's supermarket (owned by Marks and Spencers) has very little in the way of lovely British festive food...but we did get a box of Walker's mince pies and a large variety tin of Cadbury's chocolate biscuits....husband was King's yesterday and said he was astonished at hearing so many English accents!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:33 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

We are having a "white" christmas eve, white russian, malibu, pale ale, vodka and .....

Normally we have Chinese, but we had that last night so we are have strip steak, we eat steak, then strip!!!!!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Englishmum]

Our local King's supermarket (owned by Marks and Spencers)!
Hmm gonna look that up, maybe a King's by me...hope so
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:55 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes please a real 'good' curry then down the pub that would be our Christmas eve...enjoy...lol maybe settle for pizza if you can't beat 'em join 'em
One one thread your lamenting the loss of the white man's majority and on this one your craving for a curry and settling for a pizza. Hmmm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.