Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are you really a billy no mates?

Are you really a billy no mates?

Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:11 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you really a billy no mates?

Originally Posted by blaze
Hi all
The phrase 'Billy no mates' has been used a lot on this forum as of late (possibly by me aswell! ). How many of you wonderful ex-pat brits out there truly feel that you have no good friends where you are currently living (or friends at all for that matter!) although you have exceptionally good friends living elsewhere, either back in Britain or somewhere else that you've lived. My childhood friends back in Britain will be my best friends for the rest of my life, I also have some really good friends that I've met over the years travelling with the military. However, when it comes to my current abode, bugger me if all the good people didn't scarper before we got here! So, work colleagues aside, how many of the people you know where you currently reside would you actually label 'friends'?
That would be me.

My only good friends here are those I work with. Beyond that, I am a "no mates."

I find it hard to make friends with people I have something in common with. Not really a whole bunch of atheists here in Georgia. I don't like "Girls Gone Wild", beer, cheating or hunting. So I'm sort of out of luck.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rincewind
That would be me.

My only good friends here are those I work with. Beyond that, I am a "no mates."
And you...get your arse down to Florida. (Incase you havent scanned the thread theres a boys bash brewing down here for the spring: lots of beaches,sun and boats)
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:18 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And you...get your arse down to Florida. (Incase you havent scanned the thread theres a boys bash brewing down here for the spring: lots of beaches,sun and boats)
But no naked photos apparently
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robskatie
But no naked photos apparently

That depends...
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:21 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

That depends...
on....?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:22 am
Account Closed

on....?
Who they are of
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:25 am

Who they are of
We want naked photos of all you gorgeous men so we can make a BE calender for next year
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:29 am
Account Closed

We want naked photos of all you gorgeous men so we can make a BE calender for next year

Haha...you'll be lucky. What do you think we are?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:32 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by TruBrit
great idea
A girl has to have something to giggle at
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:38 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

A girl has to have something to giggle at
lol yeah ..good start to the week.....dunno how many guys they got going on their little jolly but could always double up two months per guy...
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:08 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm a fat b*stard so thats May/June/July taken care of
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rushman
Don't get me started, I hate it here but made a promise to give it a few years. I have never been so eager for time to pass before in my life. I am dying to move out of this town in back into civilisation.
what he said.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:39 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayley82
I was very close to a handful of friends, but we don't really talk anymore.

So maybe I'm a billy no real mates!!
no you are not , don't worry about it...I too have a small handful of good friends in the U.K...I've been away for years and hardly ever home..only me and my best mate ever really phone each other so of course I feared the worst...that me and the others had drifted apart maybe...last time I went home it'd been 4 years since I'd seen them ..some maybe a whole year since I'd talked to them..guess what? it felt like I'd never been away....if they truly are your friends you don't have to constantly touch base with them for the friendship to remain strong

as for me I've got a few friends ...I never get to go to the nights out though ..boo hoo so I miss all the kid free fun while some are just people to pass an afternoon with ..some I know I could depend on ..when you don't have family around in a crisis you really do need a few good friends ( having said that of course they are not as much fun as my mates back home would be if they lived round here )

Unfortunately since discovering this place I've been spending way too much time on here...and I can't call on any of you for help in an emergency ...so bugger the lot of you!

Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:43 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds expensive, girls
Nothing's free, you know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.