Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are you really a billy no mates?

Are you really a billy no mates?

Old Feb 5th 2006, 2:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you really a billy no mates?

Originally Posted by rushman
Naturally.

OMG - here we are engaging in dirty talk whilst others are going through purgatory:

"I have forgot to number the pages for all documents submitted for General Skilled Migration application. Will they reject my application???"

Come on, be a sport and help your poor fellow BE!
Old Feb 5th 2006, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG - here we are engaging in dirty talk whilst others are going through purgatory:

"I have forgot to number the pages for all documents submitted for General Skilled Migration application. Will they reject my application???"

Come on, be a sport and help your poor fellow BE!
Sorry I'm a lover not a lawyer
Old Feb 5th 2006, 2:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I'm a lover not a lawyer

I'm very glad to hear it!

See ya!
Old Feb 5th 2006, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I'm very glad to hear it!

See ya!
Ta da
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:09 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

In all seriousness. We should try to arrange a weeks beano down there for a couple of months time. You Floridian wussies can sort out a cheap local motel/hotel for Gruff and I (not out in the sticks though). Then we'll fly down for a week and AWP, Thydney Gruff and myself can then go over to Ray's place and annoy him in the flesh.
Not trying to gatecrash or anything (i'm just a blow in after all), but i was just thinking that it would be great to hook up for a BE get together when Ricky Hatton comes over here to fight. Not sure if there are any boxing fans on here, but it would be great crack i reckon whether you like the ring action or not.

Now if you'll excuse me some of the 35 chicken wings i had in hooters during the game seem like they want to put in a quick reappearance.

Oh, and no, i have no yank friends either apart from the oh. I have a good mate from school who's lived in Ca for 4 years, and all his mates are ex-pats too.

Last edited by BigDavyG; Feb 5th 2006 at 3:19 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:53 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
...Not sure if there are any boxing fans on here, but it would be great crack i reckon whether you like the ring action or not.
What's Wagner got to do with boxing?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

MattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blaze
Hi all
So, work colleagues aside, how many of the people you know where you currently reside would you actually label 'friends'?
Does my dog count?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

The only people we've really made good friendships with actually come from my home town of Huddersfield, which is rather bizarre, we all went out to eat a few weeks ago and out of the 8, 4 were from there..they don't have kids though and have exciting show biz type jobs so we don't get together very often but always have a good time when we do although muggins here always gets to do the hour long drive back home!
Bored silly and her hubby are the BEST people we've met, from the second they walked through our front door, it was like we'd known them forever. My 14 year old was horrified that I'd invited people from the internet around and thinking about it if someone had of told me years ago that that was how I'd be making friends, I'd of thought they were insane but it was worth the risk of being stabbed and gang raped in my house for.. I just wish they weren't a 6 hour drive away.. For whatever reason we haven't managed to get together with Tom for ages whch is a shame and Syllk ****ed off to Texas, the bloody cheek!!
Some of the people my hubby works with are a good laugh but I hate hanging out with people from work cos they end up talking about ****ing work all night.
My moms club girls are O.K but they are not girls I can talk to about the stuff I would normally talk to girls about unless they're pissed which isn't very often..
Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

What's Wagner got to do with boxing?
Listening to Wagner you'll wish you could be K.O'd
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by woodsey
The only people we've really made good friendships with actually come from my home town of Huddersfield, which is rather bizarre, we all went out to eat a few weeks ago and out of the 8, 4 were from there..they don't have kids though and have exciting show biz type jobs so we don't get together very often but always have a good time when we do although muggins here always gets to do the hour long drive back home!
Bored silly and her hubby are the BEST people we've met, from the second they walked through our front door, it was like we'd known them forever. My 14 year old was horrified that I'd invited people from the internet around and thinking about it if someone had of told me years ago that that was how I'd be making friends, I'd of thought they were insane but it was worth the risk of being stabbed and gang raped in my house for.. I just wish they weren't a 6 hour drive away.. For whatever reason we haven't managed to get together with Tom for ages whch is a shame and Syllk ****ed off to Texas, the bloody cheek!!
Some of the people my hubby works with are a good laugh but I hate hanging out with people from work cos they end up talking about ****ing work all night.
My moms club girls are O.K but they are not girls I can talk to about the stuff I would normally talk to girls about unless they're pissed which isn't very often..
Well not the stabbing anyway eh?

So get your arse to friggen Florida I tell ya!

I've two really good (American) local pals who I go shooting with, training with, surfing with and generally chew the fat with, but then I was always the type that had 1 or 2 really good friends I can trust rather than a huge network of "kindof friends".

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Feb 5th 2006 at 11:45 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaze
Hi all
The phrase 'Billy no mates' has been used a lot on this forum as of late (possibly by me aswell! ). How many of you wonderful ex-pat brits out there truly feel that you have no good friends where you are currently living (or friends at all for that matter!) although you have exceptionally good friends living elsewhere, either back in Britain or somewhere else that you've lived. My childhood friends back in Britain will be my best friends for the rest of my life, I also have some really good friends that I've met over the years travelling with the military. However, when it comes to my current abode, bugger me if all the good people didn't scarper before we got here! So, work colleagues aside, how many of the people you know where you currently reside would you actually label 'friends'?

hiya sadly i fit in that category..absolutely no one apart form my husband....when he goes away on a trip and i mean out of this goddamn country then it's really quite lonely and :scared: coz i think if something happened then i have no-one to call upon... sad eh, just existing and not living..things will have to change and a decision i'm putting off
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hiya sadly i fit in that category..absolutely no one apart form my husband....when he goes away on a trip and i mean out of this goddamn country then it's really quite lonely and :scared: coz i think if something happened then i have no-one to call upon... sad eh, just existing and not living..things will have to change and a decision i'm putting off
Get the web cam up (as Rushman would say)
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Get the web cam up (as Rushman would say)

lol dunno about the web cam just read the whole thread and sounds like you guys are in for a great time...now us cyber girlies wanna see the pix for sure
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MattOR
Does my dog count?

oh yeah good thinkin' i've got two pussies...lol guess they count
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol dunno about the web cam just read the whole thread and sounds like you guys are in for a great time...now us cyber girlies wanna see the pix for sure
There will be no pictures of naked men running amok around FLorida if thats what you are hoping for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.