Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are you really a billy no mates?

Are you really a billy no mates?

Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:54 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you really a billy no mates?

Hi all
The phrase 'Billy no mates' has been used a lot on this forum as of late (possibly by me aswell! ). How many of you wonderful ex-pat brits out there truly feel that you have no good friends where you are currently living (or friends at all for that matter!) although you have exceptionally good friends living elsewhere, either back in Britain or somewhere else that you've lived. My childhood friends back in Britain will be my best friends for the rest of my life, I also have some really good friends that I've met over the years travelling with the military. However, when it comes to my current abode, bugger me if all the good people didn't scarper before we got here! So, work colleagues aside, how many of the people you know where you currently reside would you actually label 'friends'?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:55 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you really a billy no mates?

Originally Posted by blaze
Hi all
The phrase 'Billy no mates' has been used a lot on this forum as of late (possibly by me aswell! ). How many of you wonderful ex-pat brits out there truly feel that you have no good friends where you are currently living (or friends at all for that matter!) although you have exceptionally good friends living elsewhere, either back in Britain or somewhere else that you've lived. My childhood friends back in Britain will be my best friends for the rest of my life, I also have some really good friends that I've met over the years travelling with the military. However, when it comes to my current abode, bugger me if all the good people didn't scarper before we got here! So, work colleagues aside, how many of the people you know where you currently reside would you actually label 'friends'?
By the way, I know how many times I used the word 'FRIENDS' in that thread before anyone comments!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:57 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
The phrase 'Billy no mates' has been used a lot on this forum as of late (possibly by me aswell! ). How many of you wonderful ex-pat brits out there truly feel that you have no good friends where you are currently living (or friends at all for that matter!) although you have exceptionally good friends living elsewhere, either back in Britain ..............So, work colleagues aside, how many of the people you know where you currently reside would you actually label 'friends'?

AWP, Rush, Gruff, Fatbrit, Thydney.
CB, CA, Sue (Willmore),
And about a dozen more!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
CB, CA, Sue (Willmore),
And about a dozen more!

Awwww thanks. Reciprocated.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Hi all
Don't get me started, I hate it here but made a promise to give it a few years. I have never been so eager for time to pass before in my life. I am dying to move out of this town in back into civilisation.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:05 am
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

In another thread I was saying how down I've been lately. On the day (today) that I've been at my lowest I've had nobody to turn/talk to

I do have a couple "friends" here, girls that I'll have lunch or go drinking with, however, they aren't "real friends" like the ones you can call and chat about crap to. When I was at home I was very close to a handful of friends, but we don't really talk anymore.

So maybe I'm a billy no real mates!!
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Don't get me started, I hate it here but made a promise to give it a few years. I have never been so eager for time to pass before in my life. I am dying to move out of this town in back into civilisation.

So glad you could join us - I did fancy a 3-xxx. AWP already offered - no surprises there - but the centre-forward position is still open!
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

CB, CA, Sue (Willmore),
And about a dozen more!
Thank you for including me as one of your friends, does that make me any closer to getting into your pants.

PS Dont answer by spouting aload of French tripe please
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:06 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by rushman
Thank you for including me as one of your friends, does that make me any closer to getting into your pants.

PS Dont answer by spouting aload of French tripe please

May I refer the honourable member to one I P*sted earlier!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:08 am
Account Closed

So glad you could join us - I did fancy a 3-xxx. AWP already offered - no surprises there - but the centre-forward position is still open!
You, AWP and I huh? Sounds like a spit roast
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:09 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Awwww thanks. Reciprocated.
I think Elvira means WE'RE Billy no mates
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:09 am
Blondie22

'Friends' to 'friends getting into each others pants' in 8 posts, god you can tell where our minds are!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:11 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I think Elvira means WE'RE Billy no mates

Don't put words into my typewriter!

Elvira means what she says...
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:12 am
Account Closed

'Friends' to 'friends getting into each others pants' in 8 posts, god you can tell where our minds are!
Must be a lazy sunday today then, were usually there in 3 posts
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:13 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

I have been very lucky since moving here, I have met a great friend who is also a Brit, it's kinda strange really but we share the same name and also have a daughter with the same name, she has become one of my closest friends and will remain one even if we move on. I also have a best friend from home who I have known for a long time who married one of my husbands friends while he was in the UK, they now live in Georgia and although I don't see her as often as I would like she still is one of my best mates. I have only made one very good American friend who lives nearby, she is very different from me but we "clicked" and she has been very very good to me. I'm not one to make "friends" (or should I say true friends) very easily but those I do have I hold dear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.