Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yankee Swap?

Yankee Swap?

Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:54 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yankee Swap?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
omg that sounds a bit late for here
I know- it's a good job it's a weekend I think the bosses would vito it if it impacted productivity the next day.
The hardest part was finding the perfect boring dress. They keep stipulating conservative dress code, so nothing low cut or revealing- not that I go in for that much anyway but I am not wearing a bloody polo neck (or a cowboy hat which one of my colleagues is going to wear!! :scared: )
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hayley
I know- it's a good job it's a weekend I think the bosses would vito it if it impacted productivity the next day.
The hardest part was finding the perfect boring dress. They keep stipulating conservative dress code, so nothing low cut or revealing- not that I go in for that much anyway but I am not wearing a bloody polo neck (or a cowboy hat which one of my colleagues is going to wear!! :scared: )
omg what is it like

anyway florals always go down well here
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

omg what is it like

anyway florals always go down well here

White tights and shoes too.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:02 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
White tights and shoes too.
could always wear my scrubs, infact bought some red ones for the 'holiday' season
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:20 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

I did secret santa once spent $20 like I was supposed to and got a gift worth $3. Sod that for a laugh.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

could always wear my scrubs, infact bought some red ones for the 'holiday' season

I've bought green...perhaps we could swap tops...or bottoms.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Yes and everything that happens where you live happens everywhere in this big country......does that happen in the UK as well?
well it seems everyone i've spoken to has heard of it at work, and most of them ain't local to MA, whole bunch from Cali, Texas, Canada and between, and they all knew what it was about, so yeah, I thought it was a fair assumption that you might have heard about it.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
I did secret santa once spent $20 like I was supposed to and got a gift worth $3. Sod that for a laugh.
that's my worry, end up with a box of mints or something crap like that *l*
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:26 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
that's my worry, end up with a box of mints or something crap like that *l*
If you get a good present can you keep it or do you have to trade?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Sally
I think you don't have to swap it, but if someone that picks a present afterwards, they could swap it with yours...so basically who ever brings the crappest thing is an arse, as some one will end up with that shite thing *lol*
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
I think you don't have to swap it, but if someone that picks a present afterwards, they could swap it with yours...so basically who ever brings the crappest thing is an arse, as some one will end up with that shite thing *lol*
Wish you luck with the nerf gun then
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Wish you luck with the nerf gun then
hehe...thanks

and if it all goes wrong, I'll pop into my office and grab my nerf gun and shoot someone

I just wish I'd gotten them a few weeks ago when I got mine, when they were dirt cheap on sale....had to get one as it's a war zone at work at times with everyone shooting people *l*...yes, we're all a bunch of 12 year olds...but that's probably because we all know how much more the programmers get paid than the rest of us, so we're all bitter and twisted
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think Yankee Swap and Secret Santa are very stranges practices for adults to participate in. What a load of crap.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

I think Yankee Swap and Secret Santa are very stranges practices for adults to participate in. What a load of crap.
aye, it's a bit weird, puts the pressure to bring somin' good, so that people dont' talk about "that" crap present...what happened to just bringing something nice for a friend, or nothing if you don't like anyone
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Blimey everyone's changing personalities!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.