Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

XE Trade first use

XE Trade first use

Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:52 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default XE Trade first use

I just made my first UK-US currency swap using XE Trade.

Setting up the account really was no big deal, if a little drawn out. They seem to take care checking you are who you say you are.

The worst part was having to pay UPS to get my Building Society passbooks and written instruction to the UK ($37). My BS is rather archaic and has no electronic access. I dropped the packet off at a UPS agent in Fort Myers at 5pm Monday and it was in Bournemouth at 10am Wednesday - excellent.

The BS processed the transaction the same day and the funds were in my Credit Union in Fort Myers by Wednesday evening.

The rate through XE was $1.759 to the UKL as deposited.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:08 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XE Trade first use

cool - did you use EFT or standard wire?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:13 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
cool - did you use EFT or standard wire?
From the BS to XE Trade was by wire transfer (CHAPS) and from XE Trade to here was by EFT.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:01 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
From the BS to XE Trade was by wire transfer (CHAPS) and from XE Trade to here was by EFT.
I had a very good first experience with them also.
I set up EFT from my US Checking to XETrade, then Wire to my HSBC UK account.

The wire took two days to show up in my UK account, which I was very impressed by. The rate was the best around, though lets face it, at the moment those transferring from the US to the UK are not getting the same deal as they did with the exchange rate a few years ago.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Bushranger is an unknown quantity at this point

I just joined XeTrade after reading old posts on this site.
I applied on-line 1st Dec. It tood about a week for my accoutn to be activated. Another week to get into UK accout.

Though I'd just post this to give 'new XE joiners' a rough idea of how long it takes.

Rates are competitive good so long as you are not in hurry for the money.