Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

X-Ray thingie at the airport

X-Ray thingie at the airport

Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default X-Ray thingie at the airport

Totally rediculous, went through one for the first time today and had the honour of a pat-down by the TSA lady because it showed up 3 images .. my underwires in my bra and my watch .. hubby got to show them his belly as it showed a 'yellow square' on him too ... turned out to be his breakfast :\ F*#K me what a waste of tax payers money. Next time I get sent through one I'm going to strip nakid for the buggas.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: X-Ray thingie at the airport

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
Totally rediculous, went through one for the first time today and had the honour of a pat-down by the TSA lady because it showed up 3 images .. my underwires in my bra and my watch .. hubby got to show them his belly as it showed a 'yellow square' on him too ... turned out to be his breakfast :\ F*#K me what a waste of tax payers money. Next time I get sent through one I'm going to strip nakid for the buggas.
What had he had for breakfast?
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:24 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, Team Sexual Assault strike again.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:16 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: X-Ray thingie at the airport

When I went through one it identified something in my pocket.

It was a hair-tie with a little bit of glittery elastic!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I went through one at JFK on the 16th of this month. A yellow on my upper left arm. Guess someone placed an id tag on me at some point ;-)

Wasn't a big deal and I didn't mind it at all.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:10 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I went through this procedure at Albany, NY on Saturday evening. Being wintertime, I was wearing a polarfleece with three zips and a winter jacket. I took the winter jacket off but the agent did not advise me to take off the fleece too, which I easilly could have done... for some reason they rushed me through the process even though there was absolutely no line. So I went through the scanner thing, and multiple yellow squares showed up (one for each zip, plus my watch.) .. The agent showed them to me as if it was my fault or something. So then they had to call someone over to do the groping thing which was pretty thorough.

What a farce subsidised air travel is in this country. I'm guessing there were a total of 20 passengers in the terminal at Albany from 5:00pm Saturday evening till closedown. There were four flights yet to depart, ours and another with two passengers each, two other regional flights with about half a dozen passengers each. To service us there were eighteen TSA staff (that I saw - maybe others behind the scenes,) two full service bar/restaurants, Starbucks, a pizza place, McDonalds and a couple of other restaurants. All these restaurants were fully stocked with food and fully staffed. Also three gates open with a full complement of airline staff. I noticed the TSA staff running back and forth to the pizza place to take out pizzas ... and the government begrudges investment in high-speed rail?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

This happened to my 4 yr old in Manchester last September, he had to be patted down.....:S
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:44 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

My then 2 1/2 year old was pulled aside for the additional random checking on boarding. They actually asked her if she had packed her own hand luggage!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's impressive that they are adding these machines to Bangor airport in Maine...considering there's barely any air traffic that isn't local and most of the people that use the hub are either snow birds who are a million years old or soldiers
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Smaller airports are a problem as far as the TSA goes. Lack of proper work turns them into jobsworths of the first degree. Hubby had cereal and coffee for breakfast so still no idea of what exactly they were picking up on him and as for underwired bras showing up ... totally rediculous its getting to the stage where the only safe clothing to wear is PJ's and stay clear of breakfast so they can sell you all their overpriced yakky airline foods once they have you 'captured'.

Seriously though, no one likes this treatment yet no one complains, if you don't comply you don't get to fly, if you complain you are un-patirotic and you don't get to fly and thanks to Obama sliding the NDAA thing through if you make enough noise you are un-patriotic don't get to fly AND run the risk of being detained indefinately ..... what a ball of crap, poor old America no longer the land of the free :\
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I insist on opting out of them every time.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:09 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

poor old America no longer the land of the free :\
Let's face it America never was the land of the free. Well, maybe between 1783 and 1786? As soon as the "revolution" was over and done with, the government starting coercing the populace, just like in all other countries... More like, the Land of Braggadocio.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:11 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Wasn't a big deal and I didn't mind it at all.
Seriously though, no one likes this treatment
Exception to prove rule, perhaps?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:21 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Flying home last November the dude (13) got caught out with a kit-kat in his pocket - first pat down for him, his only reaction was 'Couldn't it have been a hot babe?'
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:52 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Flying home last November the dude (13) got caught out with a kit-kat in his pocket
That sounds like a euphemism

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.