Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

would you leave

would you leave

Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: would you leave

Originally Posted by TruBrit
only two weeks now eh
Well fifteen day's actually
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by candy wy.
you can keep your 90f.
i hear you....the weather here is a horrible humid 95f. apart form a few nice days spring and fall the heat and humidity is unbearable and living 24/7 in a/c cannot be healthy. bring on some cool weather where i can breathe

i don't think i'll ever feel the cold again
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
and counting
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

i hear you....the weather here is a horrible humid 95f. apart form a few nice days spring and fall the heat and humidity is unbearable and living 24/7 in a/c cannot be healthy. bring on some cool weather where i can breathe

That's what I want, some lovely cold fresh air right up my nostril's
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:29 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

That's what I want, some lovely cold fresh air right up my nostril's
I can't believe it has gone so fast!

Where abouts are you moving to pet?

My kids are moving to the UK in a few months' time. I'm moving to Portugal within a year or two. That sort of answers the question.

Good to see you again candy. Long time no see
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:30 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I would, I'm only here for him anyway but that all changes in two week's time
Bloody hell, Vic - I can't believe you' re this close!!!

Are you all sorted............... or panicking...
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Elvira
Bloody hell, Vic - I can't believe you' re this close!!!

Are you all sorted............... or panicking...
Sorted as much as I can be mate no panicking going on here yet
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:06 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think i would cope with heat all year round. It is something that would get very old fast.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your partner died how many of you would return home? would you be able to afford to move back or would it be difficult financially?
Yes I would...immediately. I would want the security and familiarity of friends, family and a system I know and am comfortable with.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to put a comment in the 'what made you smile today' thread in the Lounge this morning...but I thought it best to let you announce it first.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:40 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

If your partner died how many of you would return home? would you be able to afford to move back or would it be difficult financially?
I would party for awhile and hang around just long enough to make sure she really was pushing up the daisy's

Doubt I'd return to the UK though..I like it here ....I have a decent job and a nice place to live ..so I don't see the point in starting over once again
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:36 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: would you leave

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes I would...immediately. I would want the security and familiarity of friends, family and a system I know and am comfortable with.

Me too!

I've always said that I don't want to be an old lady in the USA....a few years to go yet (I'm in my mid-40s, so is my spouse) but if I became a widow why would I want to hang around here when all of my family are in the UK and our mortgage on the house in Essex, England is almost paid off? Here in Essex county, NJ our housing tax is more than $1000 per month......!

It may well be that our son will want to stay on in the US but our daughter never wanted to live here, went to boarding school at 16 and has stayed in England ever since (she's now 23). If my son stays here I'll just come over on visits but I wouldn't live in the US long-term.

Home is where the heart is and for me it's in Blighty.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think i would cope with heat all year round. It is something that would get very old fast.
Your right its a bummer .....
Be glad when I have had enough....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:50 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Personally, I don't know how I'm going to cope with 68F winter weather this year.......
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:56 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had somewhere to move back to.

I am really hating the fact that there's no national health care and no safety net here. I'd have to wait out my ten years, then try to emigrate on my own (HSMP or equivalent).

Even if I chose not to move, I'd still like to have the choice. After getting struck down by a kidney stone without any sick leave, I feel really fragile physically and emotionally. If something happened to me, my OH would return home, definitely, and it's the knowing that I live somewhere that so many people consider second-class (and I know why!) that is hard.

I'm verging on depression over this, seriously. I feel like I want to get on with my life and can't due to having to remain here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.