Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

World Market

World Market

Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:16 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Market

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
QUOTE]
I try not to use too much packet stuff and theres very little I wish I had brought with me, but I cannot replicate the flavour of that.
I tend to buy a few packets now and then, then find them years later hidden at the back of the pantry, unused......am trying to get my toddlers onto Tuna - hence why I picked this one up...will make a point of trying this week !

Whereabouts in Bradford you from? Spent 3 years there at the University...loved it. Lived out Emm Lane way - but spent a lot of time in the Shearbridge, Pickwicks, the Kismet....ahh, can almost smell it now!![/QUOTE]
Bloody hell, I've always been too old to go to Pickwicks although I did a few times, have lived all over can't say too much (theres a racist nutter about who thinks everyone from Bradford supports BNP) could kill for a decent curry. Apparently all the town Centre is being pulled down, my brother was showing me the local paper on Skype thought it was Iraq I was looking at.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:18 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
On a food related issue, has anyone managed to get white cabbage? i know that whatever you want you crave for but I really wanted some homemade coleslaw and all I could find was green
Have you looked in different grocery stores? I can find white cabbage in all my local grocery stores.

NC Penguin
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:23 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to buy a few packets now and then, then find them years later hidden at the back of the pantry, unused......am trying to get my toddlers onto Tuna - hence why I picked this one up...will make a point of trying this week !

Whereabouts in Bradford you from? Spent 3 years there at the University...loved it. Lived out Emm Lane way - but spent a lot of time in the Shearbridge, Pickwicks, the Kismet....ahh, can almost smell it now!!
Bloody hell, I've always been too old to go to Pickwicks although I did a few times, have lived all over can't say too much (theres a racist nutter about who thinks everyone from Bradford supports BNP) could kill for a decent curry. Apparently all the town Centre is being pulled down, my brother was showing me the local paper on Skype thought it was Iraq I was looking at. [/QUOTE]

ha - we got Life Memebership for 30p back in the early 80's. Was last there about 4 or 5 years ago on a mates stag night, and they went through the old files and came up with our details and let us have new cards !!!! Felt extremely old, although was reassuring to see that very little had actually changed ... a few of the curry houses had changed names, but most of the old favourites were still there. Sad to see that the Italia had closed down....
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:24 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Have you looked in different grocery stores? I can find white cabbage in all my local grocery stores.

NC Penguin
I really have maybe they feed it to the sharks or the pelicans or the alligators, I even asked and was given a blank stare but that was after I was asked if I was off the Geiko advert? no really
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
old favourites were still there. Sad to see that the Italia had closed down....
My friend lived on the same street as the Italia and ate there every single day - never cooked.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:41 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

My friend lived on the same street as the Italia and ate there every single day - never cooked.
I'm guessing s/he wasn't too skinny...
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:00 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I really have maybe they feed it to the sharks or the pelicans or the alligators, I even asked and was given a blank stare but that was after I was asked if I was off the Geiko advert? no really
Is there a farmer's market in your town/area? Maybe you'll find white cabbage there? Have you thought about contacting your State Department of Agriculture (or looking at their website)?

NC Penguin
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:19 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

I am spoilt, i live in Wylie and shop a lot in Plano, the world market there does have a load of cadburys choc bars and plenty of other goodness. Also, central market does a load of good beers and there is a beer store called Plano beverage that stocks an impressive amount of British beers including some wychwood brewery beers that i love. Also Dallas has a British shop that sells goods and my local supermarket seels british stuff. I didnt even have a chance to miss a lot of it.

Bradford: been there many a time to see bands play at the 1-in-12 club hidden down a side alley. Has some great curry houses up there.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Thackattack
I am spoilt, i live in Wylie and shop a lot in Plano, the world market there does have a load of cadburys choc bars and plenty of other goodness. Also, central market does a load of good beers and there is a beer store called Plano beverage that stocks an impressive amount of British beers including some wychwood brewery beers that i love. Also Dallas has a British shop that sells goods and my local supermarket seels british stuff. I didnt even have a chance to miss a lot of it.

Bradford: been there many a time to see bands play at the 1-in-12 club hidden down a side alley. Has some great curry houses up there.
Hello and welcome, I went there a few times the only anarchist club still going I guess! some very 'interesting' bands on and cheap beer as I recall.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:30 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
We don't have WM in PA either I guess the closest must be MD...

Annette
Yeah it sucks - But we do have Wegmans which is my fave place to shop I'll miss it when I leave PA in a few years.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:41 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

Blimey, i didnt expect anyone on here to know of the 1-in-12 club! Its a cool venue, has a little library too which i heard has now been turned into more like a gym! The beer there is cheap and very strong!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw a thing about a decent curry house in NY, Brick Lane Curry House

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil...rry_house.html
http://www.menupages.com/restaurantd...taurantid=2353

Was on one of those food channel shows about hot food...looked pretty good too...shame it's a fair drive away...so anyone else tried it by any chance?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:50 pm
Essex boy in Texas

is it called Brick lane curry house because of Brick lane in WHitechapel, London?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt anyone else find World Market ridiculously expensive and most of the Brit stuff can be had in Kroger for half the price?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thackattack
is it called Brick lane curry house because of Brick lane in WHitechapel, London?
wouldn't have a clue...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.