Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Working in Colorado

Working in Colorado

Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:29 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Colorado

Here's a lead into the state government licensing of professions. Pharmacists and Pharmacist Interns are in the list.

http://www.dora.state.co.us/dora_pages/professional.htm

Hope it helps.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-search-...utical_Biotech
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs-Ash
I am actually doing my course through work but it is approved by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. I am due to complete my course before moving. Would I then just have to apply to one of these colleges to do the program? Do you know how long it takes to get the certificate? Have you any idea of the rate of pay a Pharmacy Technician would recieve?
You are going to have to do certain things before some of these questions can be answered.

First, pick a school. This choice will be based on where you are going to live. If you have a couple of good options you will have to research all of them and see which is the best fit for you.

Second, find out when/where/how they offer their pharmacy tech courses. They may have an intense program that you can get through quickly and that would change the timeline drastically. Maybe they only offer them in the fall. Lots of different scenarios. Things like this are not standardized from school to school much less state to state. We cannot answer these questions for you - only the school can.

Third, once you know when you'll be moving to the states, start looking into applying to the school that you've chosen.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Mrs-Ash is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know if t would be possible to work in pharmacy at all or do I have to gain this cerificate before I can work i pharmacy. Thanks for all of your advice.
As I say we are not too sure where to go in Colorado. Do you have any advice on where to live or anything? Hopefully going out to visit Colorado this May.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:00 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

To help refine your search you will be best served by searching for the local "community colleges", "junior colleges", "technical schools" or "trade schools". If it were me I would do it in that order as I think your best results will be found in a community college.

Once you find a local school look for "health professions" or something similar. They are often grouped together with the math and science degrees.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

I have also just had a wee look at some of the job advertisements from the link that some one just posted. One of the jobs state that training is provided. It says "Training At Select Schools and Colleges For Those Who Need Certification" does this mean it can be done through work?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:04 pm
WTF?

Do you know if t would be possible to work in pharmacy at all or do I have to gain this cerificate before I can work i pharmacy. Thanks for all of your advice.
As I say we are not too sure where to go in Colorado. Do you have any advice on where to live or anything? Hopefully going out to visit Colorado this May.
A hospital pharmacy will not hire you without a certification. I don't know about the smaller ones.

I'm sorry, I don't know that much about Colorado, I've only ever been there on vacation. My sister lived in Denver for a few years ... she hated it though so nevermind.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:06 pm
WTF?

I have also just had a wee look at some of the job advertisements from the link that some one just posted. One of the jobs state that training is provided. It says "Training At Select Schools and Colleges For Those Who Need Certification" does this mean it can be done through work?
You'll have to ask them.

There are employers that will hire you while you train. You need to go to the source.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Do you work in pharmacy? I am greatful for all your help and knowledge. Did your sister live right in Dnever then?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:11 pm
WTF?

Do you work in pharmacy? I am greatful for all your help and knowledge. Did your sister live right in Dnever then?
No, but I've helped somebody in your situation through this exact process so I kind of know the drill. It's not as daunting as you might think. Schools are in the business of getting you to take their courses. They will help you.

Yes, she lived right in Denver, somewhere in there ... God knows I can't remember where though.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Having a wee look on Colorado community colleges web site for this course. Do you have any idea what it is called. Im bit unsure what im looking for. Can't find anything about pharmacy technicians or is the course called something different?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:22 pm
WTF?

Having a wee look on Colorado community colleges web site for this course. Do you have any idea what it is called. Im bit unsure what im looking for. Can't find anything about pharmacy technicians or is the course called something different?
Look under health professions. Institutional Pharmacy Technician is what it's called.

Does the school website have a search function or alphabetical tabs? Sometimes you have to nose around for a while. Colleges have the worst websites I've ever dealt with - notoriously completely unusable shit. I swear to God.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:34 pm
WTF?

http://www.coloradocommunitycolleges...hat/human.html

Scroll down. They're calling it a Pharmacy Technician. Use the key at the top to navigate which schools offer the program and at what levels.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

I found the link, thanks soo much for all your help. You've been soo helpful.
Many thanks
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
No, but I've helped somebody in your situation through this exact process so I kind of know the drill.
I was wondering what was going on... for a minute there I thought the real Leslie had been kidnapped and replaced by amazingly helpful duplicate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.