Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

work auth expired takes 3mths again ???

work auth expired takes 3mths again ???

Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work auth expired takes 3mths again ???

Originally Posted by Partystar
Can you ask if you can start after you get your new EAD?
Yeh hoping they may let me start for the new school year in Sep...am off to see her this week, fingers crossed !
Old Mar 14th 2006, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Send any EAD renewal in more than 3 months before it's due to expire. For people I know its taken anywhere between 6 weeks to 9 months to get the new card.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like INS goes out of it's way to employ the most useless turds out there.

I am waiting for my EAD, the 90 days is up on Friday. What is more frustrating is their website shows they are processing cases from January 25 yet my application is dated December 15. Of course calling them is no use because all their voice mail system says is we will send you something when it is processed.

This is ringing alarm bells because last time the idiots took 9 months to approve my EAD and even after that amount of time they decided that my nationality was French Guinea for some obscure reason.

Vicky
Old Mar 14th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Vicky88]Seems like INS goes out of it's way to employ the most useless turds out there.

Yeh can't agree more with you ! I have been given a great recommendation for an immigration lawyer who maybe able to help you once the 90 days is up, if you getting no where yourself. No one seems to give a damn until the 90 days is thru. Let me know if you want it and I'll pm you it. I have also just spoke to congresswoman Nydia Velazquez office (looks after Brooklyn ) who were really helpful and said they would make some calls so it may be worth speaking to your local congress office, worth a shot ? I dunno eh what we go thru just to work in this crazy place ! I'm surprised they have any workers here !
Old Mar 14th 2006, 9:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicky88
Seems like INS goes out of it's way to employ the most useless turds out there.

I am waiting for my EAD, the 90 days is up on Friday. What is more frustrating is their website shows they are processing cases from January 25 yet my application is dated December 15. Of course calling them is no use because all their voice mail system says is we will send you something when it is processed.

This is ringing alarm bells because last time the idiots took 9 months to approve my EAD and even after that amount of time they decided that my nationality was French Guinea for some obscure reason.

Vicky
Make yourself an info pass appointment and go down there to have a word if you don't get it in 90 days.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I am actually using a lawyer. Of course getting them to reply to an email is another thing.

How do I make myself an info pass appt if I don't have it it 90 days?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 10:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

How do I make myself an info pass appt if I don't have it it 90 days?
www.uscis.gov click the link that says info pass appointment, or something to that affect, and follow instructions...
Old Mar 14th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that link. Technically I have to wait until midnight tomorrow, but first thing Thursday I will try and schedule an appt. to see what the hell is going on.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
Make yourself an info pass appointment and go down there to have a word if you don't get it in 90 days.
Took the words out of my mouth
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that link. Technically I have to wait until midnight tomorrow, but first thing Thursday I will try and schedule an appt. to see what the hell is going on.
This lawyer geezer of mine would go in with you...maybe your one would too may give you a bit more clout ??? good luck !
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well wouldn't you know it, after all my bitching yesterday, I received email notification today that my EAD has been approved, today day 90.

So I am one happy camper that I do not have to go to INS. So now I need to pull my finger out, get my CV out into the real world. Of course before that I am going to need a new outfit for interviewing, manicure, pedicure, hair etc. Hmm there goes the first month's wages.

Vicky
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Well wouldn't you know it, after all my bitching yesterday, I received email notification today that my EAD has been approved, today day 90.

So I am one happy camper that I do not have to go to INS. So now I need to pull my finger out, get my CV out into the real world. Of course before that I am going to need a new outfit for interviewing, manicure, pedicure, hair etc. Hmm there goes the first month's wages.

Vicky
hahahahah go for it girl ! Dont forget the massage to relieve the stress of doing a cv ...great news !