Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Will it ever end? *Vent*

Will it ever end? *Vent*

Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:12 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will it ever end? *Vent*

Originally Posted by Partystar
*Warning - impending vent!*

I usually get the odd day when I'm down about living here, but this 'down in the dumps' feeling has been going on for over a week! I'm absolutely hating it here right now. All my 'friends' here having been getting on my nerves. I belong to a playgroup & have stopped going to their play dates recently. Although I have to go to one this afternoon as it's a 1st birthday party & I know it's important to them for us to go.

Everything they say makes me roll my eyes, they seem so petty & I can't stand it anymore. I'd give anything just to be able to pop round & see my old friends back home. At least when I talk to them I can speak my mind without getting funny looks. I hate the fact that most people here seem to be so PC about everything. I'm just not like that & I say what I mean & I mean what I say, which doesn't seem to go over well here.

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!

Thanx a lot for letting me get that out.
Not got time to read the whole thread ... but I hope you get to feel less fed up ASAP if not sooner.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:13 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for all the support peeps, I really appreciate it.

I just had a thought, maybe it's my foul mouth that's turning people's noses up?!?! Although, most of the time, that's the only part of my jokes they laugh at!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:14 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
exactly vic said it for me....lol my uk friends think that coz the bl**dy sun shines then everything is rosy...watch the posts from people desperate to emigrate and they say life has to be better coz the sun shines...lol they don't know yep cherish your true friends and i do that's why i miss them so and it's reciprocated big time..
My first blues song that I write here will be entitled 'Blue Skies are not enough' !
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
My first blues song that I write here will be entitled 'Blue Skies are not enough' !

there yer go....lol be sure and keep us posted
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:16 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

yep cherish your true friends and i do that's why i miss them so and it's reciprocated big time..
That's lovely! Even brought tears to my eyes! (doesn't take alot lately though!) You're luck to have good friends at home.

God I am going on today, don't think I've ever posted so much on one thread! See, I am feeling like shit!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayley82
Same here! For the first couple months I kept in touch with most of them. Then I just got so pissed off with me always calling them, they would never call. Now it's been months since I spoke to the 'friends' I went to school with.
its shit but you learn who your true friends are!!

what I also hate are the people who do make the effort to come visit but then treat your house like a hotel then can't even be arsed to send a christmas card, tossers!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
its shit but you learn who your true friends are!!

what I also hate are the people who do make the effort to come visit but then treat your house like a hotel then can't even be arsed to send a christmas card, tossers!
Well thats out of order no wonder you feel like that, sorry Woodsey.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If you feel left out 'cos folk no longer keep contact with you don't take it personally - its hardly surprising given that you live 4000 miles away now.
I get texts from the mates a bit - mostly about footie and I phone them every few months - why should they call me - i'm the one who moved away. But I can tell you this, when I went back they treated me just as they always have and hanging out with true friends is one thing that there is no substitute for (apart maybe heroin, but i've yet to try that ).
If you expect people back home to be calling you every night or visit every week - well that was prob never going to happen and if you no longer regard them as friends because of this just make sure that you're not making a big mistake.

Good luck
God no, its nothing to do with them keeping in touch, I just realise that people are still doing the same boring stupid things we all did 15 years ago, moving has made me realise that there is more to life than getting pissed in the same pub each week and I find it very sad that people don't get any further on with their lives..
If I got the opportunity to vist friends in different countries I know I for one wouldn't want to spend all that time getting pissed in whichever 'english bar' I could find, why is it that we english people as a whole seem to think we can't have a good time unless booze is involved?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:01 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Totally agree getting out is the best thing I went home Aug like time had stood still when I left 6 years ago. I have found myself enjoying my own company Americans do not seem to have that lovely sense of humour we have. just the small things we laugh our heads off at, they just look at you gone out... I feel everyday I don't want to be here I would rather be having a laugh back home and it is worse in winter put it down to SAD winter blues. been ordering DVD's off ebay for some great entertainment.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
Totally agree getting out is the best thing I went home Aug like time had stood still when I left 6 years ago. I have found myself enjoying my own company Americans do not seem to have that lovely sense of humour we have. just the small things we laugh our heads off at, they just look at you gone out... I feel everyday I don't want to be here I would rather be having a laugh back home and it is worse in winter put it down to SAD winter blues. been ordering DVD's off ebay for some great entertainment.
lol sounds like you are a good candidate for 'billy no friends'..lol and welcome
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:07 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

lol sounds like you are a good candidate for 'billy no friends'..lol and welcome
Funny thing is I always used to call my mate that haven't heard it for years hahaha Miss the old sayings been having a laugh watching Shameless season 2 on DVD and Ant & Dec Sat night takeaway...
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:46 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

God no, its nothing to do with them keeping in touch, I just realise that people are still doing the same boring stupid things we all did 15 years ago, moving has made me realise that there is more to life than getting pissed in the same pub each week and I find it very sad that people don't get any further on with their lives..
If I got the opportunity to vist friends in different countries I know I for one wouldn't want to spend all that time getting pissed in whichever 'english bar' I could find, why is it that we english people as a whole seem to think we can't have a good time unless booze is involved?
I've come to the conclusion that if people enjoy themselves in the boozer in the company of their mates then there is nothing wrong with that. Some people find familiarity extremely comforting and may be afraid to take on something like a move to another country. As far as I'm concerned there's nowt wrong with that, or doing the 'same boring things' they did 15 years ago if it makes them happy - after all being happy is what counts most of all imo
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've come to the conclusion that if people enjoy themselves in the boozer in the company of their mates then there is nothing wrong with that. Some people find familiarity extremely comforting and may be afraid to take on something like a move to another country. As far as I'm concerned there's nowt wrong with that, or doing the 'same boring things' they did 15 years ago if it makes them happy - after all being happy is what counts most of all imo
People don't need to move to the other side of the world to get out more and I agree whatever makes you happy but by sitting in the pub all weekend they're missing out on other opportunities and other things that could make them just as 'happy'..Yes I've been given an opportunity to do other things which is fabulous and maybe I'm being a tad unfair but having seen things from a different perspective I'm just glad I got out..
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:21 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

People don't need to move to the other side of the world to get out more and I agree whatever makes you happy but by sitting in the pub all weekend they're missing out on other opportunities and other things that could make them just as 'happy'..Yes I've been given an opportunity to do other things which is fabulous and maybe I'm being a tad unfair but having seen things from a different perspective I'm just glad I got out..
I suppose I'd like to have moved but still be able to go to the pub with my old mates at the weekend too - my god, how good would that be
Right now i'd rather chew my own arm off than go to the boozer with most of the people i've met over here
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

IRight now i'd rather chew my own arm off than go to the boozer with most of the people i've met over here
why don't you go to church with them instead ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.