Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

wildly differing quotes and policies to transport dog

wildly differing quotes and policies to transport dog

Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:55 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wildly differing quotes and policies to transport dog

Originally Posted by chestersmate
What is the problem with sbnub nose, and is this just related to American?
This explains the problem:

http://pethealthnews.co/1309/more-ai...afety-reasons/
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice

I am flying my 18 month old Whippet from London Heathrow to Atlanta this June. Having tried a few D.I.Y ideas to keep the price down I came across Pet Air Uk which is run by vets. Their door to door service which includes getting my dog the night before as its an early morning flight with DELTA for us on which they have managed to also book her on. I booked my flights first and they matched her on it. It will cost us £1400. The price also includes the vet fit to fly certificate and all the other paperwork involved. To be honest it will be kinder for her not to be caught up with myself and three children leaving the UK at a time I am sure will be emotional for the family we are leaving behind. I will at least know she is on the same flight as us and I can go and get her once I'm through immigration. I really do not want to put her on a plane but there is no way I could leave her! She's a fur child!!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

bobbedford is an unknown quantity at this point

Airpets were awesome for out 3 cats and 1 dog. I think it was 2300 pounds for the 4.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:12 pm
Moving on

IngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really nice

Hello LillyRobeson

Read your e-mail with interest because I'm also researching the best way to fly my moggie to the UK..

Haven't used this company, but they seem to have good reviews - although they might well be expensive; www.happytailstravel.com

However, with all the hassle you'll have anyway about moving, it may be best to let someone else handle all the paperwork for your hound..

I'll be interested to know what you think - if you contact/use them.

Best of luck,

Inga
Old Apr 14th 2012, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Tblake1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I and Six year old George the lab emigrated just fine with delta/nw airlines from heathrow to Minnesota. George slept most of the way I am sure, but my wife and I never relaxed for a minute. All that worry for nothing. The airline was fantastic and they even showed us a picture of George sleeping in his crate as he was loaded into the cargo hold as we took our seats. Really, it was a breeze and I think the cost was about $100
George was brought to us at customs. And off we went into a new life.

Don't over think it.NW or Delta know how to do this. Happens on every flight from uk.
Trev