Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who's Stayin Who's Goin Home For Xmas:)

Who's Stayin Who's Goin Home For Xmas:)

Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Stayin Who's Goin Home For Xmas:)

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Wow - 7 years.
It'll be interesting to hear how you get on over there after so long away - please try to post on here after your back if you can
When I went back 2 years ago it was my first visit in 6 1/2 yrs. It was just like I'd never been away...apart from a few new buildings here and there. It's freaky how you can just move from one life to another...as though the other never existed.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:24 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When I went back 2 years ago it was my first visit in 6 1/2 yrs. It was just like I'd never been away...apart from a few new buildings here and there. It's freaky how you can just move from one life to another...as though the other never existed.
how did you manage to stay away that long, the nagging from my family would be to much for me!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:24 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

You must have noticed that they'd replaced the gas lamps since you were a nipper though
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
how did you manage to stay away that long, the nagging from my family would be to much for me!
The first 2 years after we moved to the US we kept our house in the UK and I used to go back quite often. I was very depressed here...couldn't stop thinking about my lost life in the UK and couldn't put down roots. I decided I had to break the cycle and concentrate on my life here instead of mourning my UK life.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:51 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

The first 2 years after we moved to the US we kept our house in the UK and I used to go back quite often. I was very depressed here...couldn't stop thinking about my lost life in the UK and couldn't put down roots. I decided I had to break the cycle and concentrate on my life here instead of mourning my UK life.
I find that life is the same nothing changes except faces got old it was like a time warp haha I managed to sqeeze a 4 day in on transit to a party in Spain but we never really got to do much apart from family. Every year the family always jump the bandwagon and book to come over so this year we beat them to it..
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

No way I am going home this year, and miss all this snow.

If the inlaws wanna visit they know where we are!!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:14 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I normally spend Xmas with my family in Spain. This will be my first Xmas here.. I am looking forward to it as we have been invited to a ranch that has snowmobiles .. but I will really miss my family..
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

we had planned on christmas in the uk but changed plans last week as i was feeling guilty and so we are now visiting my son in san diego, no not crashing at his place instead he'll stay with us in an hotel lol. hubs and i will then drive to 'el tovar' on the sth rim of the grand canyon intime for the new year's eve do stopping off at scottsdale en route to visit an old friend..a couple of days in sedona early january and then back to the pollution that's houston...i'll try and fit in a few days at home in blighty before christmas..
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:46 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

If it's any help I'm having Xmas in the UK
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:46 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I'm staying, my daughter flies in on the 15th and will be here up until New Year's Eve

Can't wait
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Old William
beats xmas in this place that's for sure...enjoy and have a great time
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:56 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
beats xmas in this place that's for sure...enjoy and have a great time
Thank you...I will do my bestestest
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Old William
Rotten swine....
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Yes, I tried that. It worked for a while too. Actually, about 7 years.
Funny how it creeps back though, like a bad case of foot fungus.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:05 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by gardnma
Rotten swine....
I'll think of you...actually I wont. That was a blatant lie said purely in a vain attempt to make you feel slightly better as I'm sure you guessed....I'll actually be pissed as a fart on good British beers and full of proper English food with all my mates and not giving one iota's thought to all you lot.

But I may come over in the new year for Rebel shooting season so if I could borrow a musket....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.