British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Who's Stayin Who's Goin Home For Xmas:) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/whos-stayin-whos-goin-home-xmas-410113/)

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:02 pm

Who's Stayin Who's Goin Home For Xmas:)

So what you all doing this year will it be a Happy one in the US or back home where ever home is outside the US?

Whats your typical Christmas Day :)

Poppy

David Richardson Nov 25th 2006 10:07 pm

Re: Who's Stayin Who's Goin Home For Xmas:)

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
So what you all doing this year will it be a Happy one in the US or back home where ever home is outside the US?

Going back on Tuesday to see parents and rest of family for a week. American wife, kids want me here for Christmas. Putting up 2 trees and decorations as I write.

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:10 pm

[QUOTE=David Richardson]

Going back on Tuesday to see parents and rest of family for a week. American wife, kids want me here for Christmas. Putting up 2 trees and decorations as I write.

Same here regarding the Christmas Tree I put it up this afternoon thats the earliest ever for me would never of thought of it in the UK before the middle of December but got to keep up with the Jone's in the street they all did the deco's on Thanksgiving day.

gardnma Nov 25th 2006 10:17 pm

Whats your typical Christmas Day :)

Poppy

We don't go in for that outdated quasi-Christian stuff. Rather slaughter a sheep on the front porch and read its entrails by the full moon. Then we dance naked through the neighborhood stopping for orgies at selected houses.

All rather low key and ordinary really......

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by gardnma
We don't go in for that outdated quasi-Christian stuff. Rather slaughter a sheep on the front porch and read its entrails by the full moon. Then we dance naked through the neighborhood stopping for orgies at selected houses.

All rather low key and ordinary really......

Just a normal day then :D

britvic Nov 25th 2006 10:22 pm

We do it as British as possible, and my Dec's will not go up till the 20th, thank God it's my last one over here.

gardnma Nov 25th 2006 10:24 pm

Just a normal day then :D

Oh yes, its all rather dull here.

Seriously, I will be on the roof tomorrow stringing lights along the eaves. Then the joy of trying to find the ornaments and trimmings we dumped into boxes last year.
If all goes well, I may actually start on UK Christmas cards also.

Hey, hey. :D

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by gardnma
Oh yes, its all rather dull here.

Seriously, I will be on the roof tomorrow stringing lights along the eaves. Then the joy of trying to find the ornaments and trimmings we dumped into boxes last year.
If all goes well, I may actually start on UK Christmas cards also.

Hey, hey. :D

I must make the effort this year to send cards I used to love to send and recieve them but got bloody lazy and have not bothered as of late, I don't like ecards so inpersonal.

I am of to Blighty the the 18th Dec :)

britvic Nov 25th 2006 10:30 pm

I must make the effort this year to send cards I used to love to send and recieve them but got bloody lazy and have not bothered as of late, I don't like ecards so inpersonal.

I am of to Blighty the the 18th Dec :)

Lucky you, need I bother saying have a good one :beer:

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
Lucky you, need I bother saying have a good one :beer:

Oh hell yes bring on the Pints, the log fire, the booze cruiser,Woolies, M and S Ohhhhhhhhhh count down lol

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
We do it as British as possible, and my Dec's will not go up till the 20th, thank God it's my last one over here.

Did I miss something :confused: Last one ever here

britvic Nov 25th 2006 10:38 pm

Did I miss something :confused: Last one ever here

Yes we will be long home this time next year :)

BigDavyG Nov 25th 2006 10:56 pm

I'm outta here.
Before I moved here I came over for Christmas twice.
Since I got here I have or will be going home at Christmas.

Poppy girl Nov 25th 2006 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I'm outta here.
Before I moved here I came over for Christmas twice.
Since I got here I have or will be going home at Christmas.

You flying from Chicago ? note the mid west on the profile.

Dan725 Nov 25th 2006 11:03 pm

Going nowhere. Don't really care to either, to be honest, it'll be little'uns first Christmas and while she won't remember it, we will, and we'd rather not spend it travelling. To that end, this year it's going to be as British as possible, the inlaws will be coming here as opposed to us dragging around, we'll have a big Christmas dinner, watch the box and play games, and drink plenty of booze!

And I AM taking boxing day off, no matter what. ;) :)