Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who lives in Austin TX?

Who lives in Austin TX?

Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:08 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who lives in Austin TX?

couple of weeks ago, I took my wife down to Austin to watch Kenny Chesney (our 6th year wedding anniversary). After the show we stayed at her dads house, because it was dark and we were very drunk I couldn't see anything travelling along in the taxi cab.

The next day I woke up and her dads house was perched on a hill side, completely surrounded by trees, lush grass and baby deers, all you could see was roof tops in amongst the trees.

Driving back to Dallas there was a bike race must of been a couple thousand people on their racers, my wife claimed to of seen Lance Armstrong...perhaps it was as I know he has a house done there.

Anyways its one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, its up there with the coast road in Victoria (Australia) and Maui (Hawaii). Perfect fresh water streams and creeks.

I know the property is expensive down there but its a little piece of paradise in an otherwise bleak Texas landscape. I wouldn't mind living down there one day.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:12 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who lives in Austin TX?

Originally Posted by Yosser
couple of weeks ago, I took my wife down to Austin to watch Kenny Chesney (our 6th year wedding anniversary). After the show we stayed at her dads house, because it was dark and we were very drunk I couldn't see anything travelling along in the taxi cab.

The next day I woke up and her dads house was perched on a hill side, completely surrounded by trees, lush grass and baby deers, all you could see was roof tops in amongst the trees.

Driving back to Dallas there was a bike race must of been a couple thousand people on their racers, my wife claimed to of seen Lance Armstrong...perhaps it was as I know he has a house done there.

Anyways its one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, its up there with the coast road in Victoria (Australia) and Maui (Hawaii). Perfect fresh water streams and creeks.

I know the property is expensive down there but its a little piece of paradise in an otherwise bleak Texas landscape. I wouldn't mind living down there one day.
Yeah, living in Dallas it's hard to imagine that the whole of Texas isn't quite such a wasteland, isn't it?

We're off to Possum Kingdom (I kid you not!) State Park this weekend to camp surrounded by beautiful woodland, amazing wildlife and perched on the edge of a lake... it's a lovely place, and well worth the visit.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Yeah, living in Dallas it's hard to imagine that the whole of Texas isn't quite such a wasteland, isn't it?

We're off to Possum Kingdom (I kid you not!) State Park this weekend to camp surrounded by beautiful woodland, amazing wildlife and perched on the edge of a lake... it's a lovely place, and well worth the visit.

The state parks within 100 miles of DFW are great - i recommend dinosaur valley and the fossil rim safari park south of fort worth. We are heading to Oklahoma again this weekend - broken bow on the TX OK AK border - superb and only about three hours drive! Have a great weekend.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:16 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000

My BIL has a lake house down there on a 80FT cliff :scared:

Beautiful lake though. The only downside is everyone drives their boat into 'devils cove' drinks all day in there on the way out there is several police boats pulling everyone over for DWI's.

Have fun though masses of deer and wildlife in and around there.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:44 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

My wifes sister and her family live in Austin, so we go up there quite a bit. I love it - it has everything that Houston lacks - scenery, character, fresh(er) air, healthier looking people! - basically a good feel to the place. I wish we had moved there instead of Houston - think we (I) would have settled better, but we came here to be close to the grandparents. In hindsight, I suspect if we'd gone to Austin, the GP''s would probably have followed us......
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

I live in Austin and love it. I even have a 27' foot sailboat on the lake ... no Devil's Cove for me, though! The lake police don't bother with sailboats, fortunately.

Sadly, the area is growing rapidly, and many green areas are being snapped up by developers. There's a substantial green belt in place though, and I intend to do a good portion of it on my mountain bike tomorrow.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:15 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
I live in Austin and love it. I even have a 27' foot sailboat on the lake ... no Devil's Cove for me, though! The lake police don't bother with sailboats, fortunately.

Sadly, the area is growing rapidly, and many green areas are being snapped up by developers. There's a substantial green belt in place though, and I intend to do a good portion of it on my mountain bike tomorrow.
NICE...I'm jealous now.

Its weird it only took me 6 years to discover the place, everyone kept saying how nice Austin was, but its not until you see it for yourself just how nice it really is.

Feel really sorry for you Yorkie...spent a few months working in Houston last year, had no desire at all for the place....and of course the traffic...mental!

Mum is coming over next month so we will go back down to Austin for a couple of days, then a night in San Antonio so she can see the riverwalk. Then a week after that the whole herd (about 14 of us) is going to MAUI for a week windsurfing, kitesurfing, deep sea fishing and golf. I'm so excited I could piss meself.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

A couple of pics from Lake Travis.
Attached Thumbnails Who lives in Austin TX?-lake-travis-sunset-1.jpg   Who lives in Austin TX?-lake-travis-sunset-2.jpg  
Old Apr 14th 2006, 4:01 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Yosser]NICE...I'm jealous now.

Feel really sorry for you Yorkie...spent a few months working in Houston last year, had no desire at all for the place....and of course the traffic...mental!

QUOTE]

Cheers! At least I manage to avoid the traffic most of the time (send the wife out to deal with that ) - worst I normally see is the carpool line at the kids school. Thats a f***ed up system if ever there was one....accidents waiting to happen, especially the way some of these parents drive......
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So what's the climate like there? especially in the height of summer?

only intrigued as it seems to be a bit of a hub...hmmm...but i shouldn't be to picky anyway *l*
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:51 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Snowbunny lives in Austin and I think Leslie isn't too far from it either.

I want to live in Austin now

Anyone want to swap a 3rd floor 1 bedroom apartment in Pennsylvania, where some of the more sane laws dictate that sleeping outside on top of a fridge is illegal aswell as buying beer and wine in the same shop being illegal, and name their towns Intercourse , HughJass, Ivorfartybottom and IvanaHumpalot (okay well maybe not) for a big gorgeous house in Austin?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

I will be living in Austin as off next week. Does that count?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:04 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
I will be living in Austin as off next week. Does that count?
OOh congratulations Toon! Are you there for good?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:09 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So what's the climate like there? especially in the height of summer?

only intrigued as it seems to be a bit of a hub...hmmm...but i shouldn't be to picky anyway *l*
I lived an hour north of Austin for a few years, and they had the weatherman on playback- "...High for today 97, low tonight 77. Tomorrow's high expected to be 96 with a low of 76 at night. No rain in the forecast..." Living on Lake LBJ with a boat it was heavenly. No boat... might not have enjoyed it as much.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
OOh congratulations Toon! Are you there for good?
Yes, my visa got approved yesterday. I was told to expect it next Wednesday or Thursday. As soon as I receive that envelope I will book the first flight I can get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.