Reload this Page >

"Where are y'all from ?"

Wikiposts

"Where are y'all from ?"

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:14 am
Meticulous

daveyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

See you have lived in bedford, wow, where abouts.

I have just moved to Delware from Bedford on a K1 visa. Lived in Bedford and surrounding areas for 23 years. Not missing much!!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dbj1000
Cambridge
London (Chinatown)
Cambridge
Chichester, West Sussex
Hindhead, Surrey
Plano, Texas
Whereabouts were you in both Cambridge & Chichester? I did the reverse, Chichester for 6 years, then Cambridge for 4 years, London in between for a few years.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:45 am
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tam (FlyergirlUK)... thanks for contacting Ginsters... appreciate that! It's disappointing, but not entirely unexpected that they don't ship over here any more. Guess I will have to find a recipe somewhere and have a go at whipping up a batch some time...

Oh and the american meaning of "pasty" is certainly one of the more entertaining and humurous differences-of-meaning between here and home! Of course, normally used as a plural here (pasties), unless you're Janet Jackson at the Superbowl half-time show!

Cheers,
Jason
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:12 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I get the visual! LOL

I found a place where they'll get you a pasty, (of the edible variety; meat, pastry etc) for a reasonable price.
No idea how good they are though.

Pasties
There are quite a few more kicking around but I've not checked them out.

If you try one of these and they come up to scratch let me know, I might even try them out myself!

Best wishes

Tam
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

scottygray is an unknown quantity at this point

what a great post. i dont post much but i do mean to..anyway here goes

Hawick SCOTLAND
Edinburgh SCOTLAND
Chiswick LONDON
Hammersmith London
West Ken LONDON
South Ken LONDON
Carshalton SURREY
Balham London
Ayia Napa CYPRUS
Chelsea LONDON
Annapolis Maryland
Loughton ESSEX
Hawick SCOTLAND
New York New York
Amenia New york

hopefully this time next year my husband 2 wee kids and me will be in Florida ..Bradenton or Sarasota.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:49 am
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I get the visual! LOL

I found a place where they'll get you a pasty, (of the edible variety; meat, pastry etc) for a reasonable price.

Pasties

If you try one of these and they come up to scratch let me know, I might even try them out myself!

Best wishes

Tam
Hi Tam,

Thanks for the link, I might have to try those out! I will certainly let you know about them if I do, but in another thread as we're getting dangerously close to hijacking this one! I did a Google search for "cornish pasties" yesterday... seems like a minor concentration of places in the UP of Michigan, oddly enough!

Cheers,
Jason
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:51 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by daveyb
Completely different subject. How do you guys get your picture underneath your name in your profile.

Thanks.
Hi Davey,

Go to My Forum, then Edit Options. Scroll down to the bottom and there is the Avatar option - you can add your own picture but it has to be the correct number of pixels, I forget the number but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Debbie
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Cornish pasties, the UP of Michigan was widely mined for copper and seeing as Cornish tin miners knew how to mine and extract the metal from the ore many families moved to the UP. The pasties are just the same as from Cornwall .. Yummmm !!

Jan

ohh ps .. married to a wannabe Yooper (UP'er)

www.pasty.com has lots info on the area n such
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:37 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I get the visual! LOL

Pasties

Best wishes

Tam

They look good but who the hell puts pork in a pastie !!!!
My old mates back home would die.

Pretty expensive too. It works out at $36 for 6

All the same I might just give it a go.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:57 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jxab12
Whereabouts were you in both Cambridge & Chichester? I did the reverse, Chichester for 6 years, then Cambridge for 4 years, London in between for a few years.
I was born in Grantchester, then lived near Midsummer Common in Cambridge.

After London I went back to Cambridge to do a PhD (MatSci at Jesus).

In Chi' we were in the centre, Crane Street if I remember right.

Where were you in Cambridge and Chi'?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:59 am
Meticulous

Originally posted by dbark
Hi Davey,

Go to My Forum, then Edit Options. Scroll down to the bottom and there is the Avatar option - you can add your own picture but it has to be the correct number of pixels, I forget the number but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Debbie
Thanks for your help
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:01 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by daveyb
Thanks for your help
You're welcome .. and btw, I have since found out that the picture size is 65 x 65 pixels.

Debbie

Last edited by dbark; Feb 5th 2004 at 6:47 am.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:03 am
Meticulous

Originally posted by mattbutt
Hello everyone,

Stanwell - Middlesex
Oxford (infamous Cowley Road)
Lightwater - Surrey
Chelmsford - Essex
Bedford
Bergen County - New Jersey

Seems to be a lot of Oxford inhabitants out there
Hi.

See you have lived in bedford, wow, where abouts.

I have just moved to Delware from Bedford on a K1 visa. Lived in Bedford and surrounding areas for 23 years. Not missing much!!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default Wankers Corner, Oregon

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Sussex
Cornwall
Devon
Camden
Amsterdam
Hackney
West Hampstead
Ory-gun

Well, it looks like Wankers Corner does exist! I heard a local singing a folk tale about it in a pub in Portland, OR - where I still am...

How do you like it? I mean, Oregon...(!)
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default Re: Wankers Corner, Oregon

Originally posted by Margueriteuk
Well, it looks like Wankers Corner does exist! I heard a local singing a folk tale about it in a pub in Portland, OR - where I still am...

How do you like it? I mean, Oregon...(!)

As for me:

Hammersmith, London
Hartlepool
Manchester
Marlow, Bucks,
Ealing, London
Shelton, Connecticut
Portland, Oregon
WHO KNOWS WHERE...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.