BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: where y'all from

Originally posted by braddy
Windermere, Florida
you can put me to rest here
Alright then, go get your coat!
Old Oct 26th 2003, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Born,London
Swindon,Wilts.
Thatcham,nr.Newbury,Berks.
Aldershot,Hants.
Osnabruck,W.Germany.
Tidworth,Hants/Wilts.
Newbury,Berks.
Yateley,Surrey.
Travis AFB,Northern Ca.
Central Illinois,(settled at last!)
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where y'all from

There's got to be at least 1 military person in there somewhere!!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where y'all from

Now thats a military manoevre if I ever saw one!!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: where y'all from

Originally posted by braddy
Now thats a military manoevre if I ever saw one!!
Sorry! I was 'wife of' British soldier,then divorced,and met and married a USAF guy!
Loved living in Germany,love living here,although I do miss my friends and family in the UK,but the emails and IM's are great!
Sophia
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

postie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Where are y'all from ?"

Originally posted by Webbie
I was talking to my fellow Mancunian (manc'76) on the PM and I found out both of us lived in Manchester and Liverpool.

So this got me to thinking...
(two thoughts in one day ! got to go for a lie down after this.)

Where did you start from (were born)/lived at/are now ?
I'll get the ball rolling:
Salford (Manchester)
Toxteth (Liverpool)
Barrow-In-Furness
Henley-On-Thames
Reading
Oxford
Greensboro, NC

Yeah I know, what a strange journal.

So where did the bus stop for you before you got here ?
Northampton
High Wycombe (Buckinghamshire)
Brampton (Cambs)
Northampton (again)
and I finally want to end up in Greenville, IN with my newly (3years ago) found Dad!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:18 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by postie
and I finally want to end up in Greenville, IN with my newly (3years ago) found Dad!
Nice one. Hope you are successful.

Webbie.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 12:57 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Redditch, Worcestershire
Kidderminster, Worcestershire
West Bromwich, West Midlands
Birmingham
Kidderminster, Worcestershire
California, USA

Kinda planned to move to London, but met my US hubby.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie
I was talking to my fellow Mancunian (manc'76) on the PM and I found out both of us lived in Manchester and Liverpool.

So this got me to thinking...
(two thoughts in one day ! got to go for a lie down after this.)

Where did you start from (were born)/lived at/are now ?
I'll get the ball rolling:
Salford (Manchester)
Toxteth (Liverpool)
Barrow-In-Furness
Henley-On-Thames
Reading
Oxford
Greensboro, NC

Yeah I know, what a strange journal.

So where did the bus stop for you before you got here ?

Not the most adventurist YET!

Paisley Scotland
Erskine Scotland
Douglas Isle of Man
East Kilbride Scotland
Next stop hopefully Monterey California

Scotland very cold as usual, not seen the sun since my last holiday to the states.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:46 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Northampton, Northants
Hereford, Herefordshire
Wolverhampton, West Mids
Northampton, Northants
Sacramento, Ca. USA

I could add about another 50 places but thought I would just do the main ones. My parents were like nomads when we were growing up.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

eastendd is an unknown quantity at this point

Clapton, London
Walthamstow, London
Chelmsford, Essex
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Las Vegas, Nevada
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:37 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where y'all from

Originally posted by Sophia_S
Sorry! I was 'wife of' British soldier,then divorced,and met and married a USAF guy!
Loved living in Germany,love living here,although I do miss my friends and family in the UK,but the emails and IM's are great!
Sophia
Hello

Seeing "wife of" reminded me of when I was married to my ex husband who was in the RAF. When having my daughter at RAF Wegberg in Germany, my name was written on the bed as W/O Sgt ***** and I felt like I didn't have my own identity!!

Anyway, this is where I'm from :

Newport, Gwent, Wales
Pontyates, Dyfed, Wales
Hereford
Aylesbury
Ely, Cambs
Wegberg, Germany
Nuneaton
Cary, Il

Maggie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Maggie,yes I know exactly what you mean!,'wife of' always made me feel like we didn't exist,strange but it made me feel like I was just another piece of equipment,like the ex's parachute!!!!
However,I don't ever remember being refered to as'wife of',the whole time my US hubby stayed in the AF!
I was in hospital for a long time when I first came to the US,in a Military hospital,and they never once refered to me as my hubby's rank either, it was always Sophia or Mrs.!!!

Sophia
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:49 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sophia_S
Hi Maggie,yes I know exactly what you mean!,'wife of' always made me feel like we didn't exist,strange but it made me feel like I was just another piece of equipment,like the ex's parachute!!!!
However,I don't ever remember being refered to as'wife of',the whole time my US hubby stayed in the AF!
I was in hospital for a long time when I first came to the US,in a Military hospital,and they never once refered to me as my hubby's rank either, it was always Sophia or Mrs.!!!

Sophia
Hi Sophia

I don't think it's strange to feel like this at all!! You are right, I too felt like a posession or a piece of equipment!! When my daughter was born she was labelled as D/O Sgt *****!!! Even though I was in the RAF myself, it still came as a bit of a shock when I left to suddenly become the W/O!!!

Maggie
Old Nov 7th 2003, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

MarsBar will become famous soon enoughMarsBar will become famous soon enough

wow! lots of lucky b*stards moving to California! Montery is stunning!!

Sophia - Its interesting to see you were stationed at Travis. I used to live quite close Seems no matter where you live in CA though, youre always on the door step of a base or two. I used to live in San Clemente CA and watch the war-games take place out on the ocean from our living room window, not to mention all the sitting bold upright I did when the sea stallions flew low overhead at 2am. Also lived in Dublin CA, again - used to wake up to the sound of practice on the firing range and helicopters flying over the apartment complex with land rovers dangling from them. I cant imagine what it must have been like to actually LIVE on base.

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.