Orpington - then back to Leicester
Duisburg (Germany) (3 moves)
Berlin
Bicester
Nottingham (2 moves)
Beilefeld (2 moves)
Birmingham (2 moves)
Tamworth
USA and UK back and forward last 22 months !

Phew!!

Father and Ex were both in Army, hence all the moves!!

Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:22 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Bleedin 'eck!
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarsBar
wow! lots of lucky b*stards moving to California! Montery is stunning!!

Sophia - Its interesting to see you were stationed at Travis. I used to live quite close Seems no matter where you live in CA though, youre always on the door step of a base or two. I used to live in San Clemente CA and watch the war-games take place out on the ocean from our living room window, not to mention all the sitting bold upright I did when the sea stallions flew low overhead at 2am. Also lived in Dublin CA, again - used to wake up to the sound of practice on the firing range and helicopters flying over the apartment complex with land rovers dangling from them. I cant imagine what it must have been like to actually LIVE on base.

Sarah
Hi there Sarah!,yes, I really loved living in N.Cal.,we moved back here to Illinois to be near hubby's family!,when he got out of the AF,biggest mistake we ever made!....M.I.L. is a real b---h!!!!!!,we don't have anything to do with any of them now,but hubby is working in a 'State'job,so we're stuck here until he retires!,still, never mind,we're settled and have THE most fabulous nieghbours!
Living on the Base was nice,but lots of rules and regulations to be stuck too,how long the grass is allowed to be,etc..,and the sound of the airplane engines being tested day and night!,still,you get used to it,course the rents were a LOT cheaper than renting a house off Base!,we were there when the big earthquake hit Oakland,in '89,and the Expressway collasped,that was real scary,even though we were over 45 miles away it made a big crack in one of the runways on the Base and I watched a ceramic swan 'swim' right across the top of our TV cabinet!REALLY weird sensation!!!!
We used to hop in the car and drive to San Fran.as often as possible, and up and down Interstate 1,just the most gorgeous drive!,we really loved it!!!We really missed it for years,it's SO flat around here,and everything seems SO far away!,still,it's home now!!!...........Sophia
p.s. Are you still lucky enough to be in California??
Old Nov 28th 2003, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

GeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really nice

Hello everyone I am new to this board.Here is my list

London (born in Acton )

Northumberland

Newcastle -upon Tyne -Fenham
- Jesmond

Washington Co.Durham(George's ancestral home)

New York

Sheffield

Southend-on-sea Essex

New Jersey
Old Nov 29th 2003, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

bristol
troon (ayrshire)
chester
birmingham (the uk version - alas)
non-resident alien in Philly

laura
Old Nov 30th 2003, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

RubyWine is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow.. Troon !! I forgot I used to live there as well! (The Army Camp between Troon and Irvine). Went to school in Irvine and worked in Togs Cafe during holidays (in Troon)... great ice cream!!! I also lived in Glasgow with my grandparents for 6 months (Govern Hill).

Old Nov 30th 2003, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RubyWine
Wow.. Troon !! I forgot I used to live there as well! (The Army Camp between Troon and Irvine). Went to school in Irvine and worked in Togs Cafe during holidays (in Troon)... great ice cream!!! I also lived in Glasgow with my grandparents for 6 months (Govern Hill).

Hi - Hubby (Ray) comes from Irvine, used to go to school at Ravensark Academy - ? He also went to Glasgow University and lived in Halls of residence there. I'm English and so is my daughter but she decided to do her Silversmithing Degree at Glasgow School of Art - loved living in Glasgow, apart from the weather. Which is why we are now living in Texas - when Ray took a job over here, he specified it had to be warm - complains when it gets down below 75 that he's cold....
Old Nov 30th 2003, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by RubyWine

Oh wow...Tog's ice cream....mmmm....heaven! I was only 4 when we moved but I still remember that ice cream!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Dunca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Where are y'all from ?"

Hi

Newbie Expat...Arrived US in Nov...

My Movements (to date)...

...Douglas, Isle of Man
...Southampton, UK

...Marin, CA

Duncan
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:03 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Since there are some more Newbies on here - time to send this back to the top.

So where are y'all from newbs ?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:49 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool (Dingle and Speke)
Widnes, Cheshire
Rhyl, N. Wales
Llandudno, N. Wales
Bognor Regis, W Sussex
Ryde, Isle of Wight
Newbury, Berks
<3 years out of country travelling >
London (St James')
Milwaukee, WI
Charlotte, NC
Denver, CO
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

Melbourne, Australia (born)
Geelong, Australia

London, UK

Geelong, Australia

Sydenham, SE26
Eltham, SE9
Charlton, SE7

Hopefully Tucson AZ soon
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:54 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

LOL Cheers Webbie - I wondered who'd resurrected this list, (having started reading the thread from the beginning and noticing the dates).

Tavistock, Devon
Callington, Cornwall
Colchester, Essex
Limassol, Cyprus
Rosyth, Fife
Plymouth, Devon
Annapolis, Maryland

That's all folks! (For now at least)!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:55 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
LOL Cheers Webbie - I wondered who'd resurrected this list, (having started reading the thread from the beginning and noticing the dates).

Tavistock, Devon
Callington, Cornwall
Colchester, Essex
Limassol, Cyprus
Rosyth, Fife
Plymouth, Devon
Annapolis, Maryland

That's all folks! (For now at least)!
Hey ! You emigrated here from Plymouth Me too .
Kind of miss the place though, would kill for a decent pastie.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:03 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by excpomea
...would kill for a decent pastie.
LOL I treated my, then, fiance to a Ginsters pasty when we went to London for my interview; he loved them, (I used to work for them when I lived in Callington).
I made him some using my mum's recipe, which he thoroughly enjoyed!

If the missus can make decent pastry then I'm sure she could whip you up a few??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.