Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where tp propose in NYC?

Where tp propose in NYC?

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where tp propose in NYC?

Originally Posted by Phychlone
Rete, I'm assuming that your Avatar and heading together mean that you or someone close to you has had some good news. If I am wrong then please excuse me, I am new to these boards. If I am right, congratualtions

More pics of the scenes if possible....it helps the imagination process.

Thanks !!!

What about the Planetarium under a starry sky?

Or at the Bronx Zoo on the Tram. High above the zoo, she can't say no and run

Or the Botanical Gardens in the Bronx. Direct train ride from Grand Central to Botanical Garden station. A lovely place to express your love amidst flowers and greenery.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Or at the Bronx Zoo on the Tram. High above the zoo, she can't say no and run
On similar lines, how about the midpoint of the Brooklyn Bridge (which does have one of the world's great urban views as a bonus)?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
On similar lines, how about the midpoint of the Brooklyn Bridge (which does have one of the world's great urban views as a bonus)?
Have to disagree...the view of Manhattan from Jersey is by far the best...but I am biased.

To the OP one of my fav restaurants is The Chart House...it is in NJ opposite the ESB. The view is breathtaking...it was even better before the ****** destroyed the Towers.:curse:

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/nort...nt/v-110324935

We have spent many Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve there.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 1st 2008 at 2:14 am.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:37 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

definately do the carriage ride through Central Park. I've never done it as a romantic thing, but I've done it with my Mum and 2 girlfriends, and I love it

I was worried that I would be concerned about the horses, but they look beautiful and very well cared for
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
definately do the carriage ride through Central Park. I've never done it as a romantic thing, but I've done it with my Mum and 2 girlfriends, and I love it

I was worried that I would be concerned about the horses, but they look beautiful and very well cared for
I was going to suggest the carriage ride earlier. It so reminds me of the last scene in 'The Way We Were'...Central Park and the Plaza. That scene never fails to make me
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't read all replies so apologies if this has already been suggested but my hubby proposed to me whilst ice skating on the Wollman Rink in Central Park. Gorgeous.

He then took me to Tiffany's on 5th Ave to choose my ring and then for champers at the Plaza to really round things off!

Very memorable and romantic (esp as it was in Jan and was snowing so just added to the atmosphere!).

Best of luck!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Sir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to behold

For hopeless romantics...

A helicopter ride over the city, then an evening meal overlooking the city at The River Cafe in Brooklyn, but get a table on the terrace in July which will be stunning and truly unforgettable!

Good luck getting a table though... and the budget will be a bit but come on you are proposing right?

www.libertyhelicopters.com
www.rivercafe.com

Don’t do the Empire State, its crowded and everybody does it.

Alternatively a nice weekend in a romantic boutique hotel, don’t leave the room for the whole time and have the room service people bring up the ring with Champagne and nice goodies on trolley.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:18 am
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Phychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Haven't read all replies so apologies if this has already been suggested but my hubby proposed to me whilst ice skating on the Wollman Rink in Central Park. Gorgeous.

He then took me to Tiffany's on 5th Ave to choose my ring and then for champers at the Plaza to really round things off!

Very memorable and romantic (esp as it was in Jan and was snowing so just added to the atmosphere!).

Best of luck!
Do they have the ice rink in July?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:13 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Bow Bridge in Central Park:

particularly if either of you are big fans of the movie Highlander
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Denis Eaton-Hogg
For hopeless romantics...

A helicopter ride over the city, then an evening meal overlooking the city at The River Cafe in Brooklyn, but get a table on the terrace in July which will be stunning and truly unforgettable!

Good luck getting a table though... and the budget will be a bit but come on you are proposing right?

www.libertyhelicopters.com
www.rivercafe.com

Don’t do the Empire State, its crowded and everybody does it.

Alternatively a nice weekend in a romantic boutique hotel, don’t leave the room for the whole time and have the room service people bring up the ring with Champagne and nice goodies on trolley.
River Cafe, over priced & minimal menu. Remember (men) to wear jacket & tie, unless its changed.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Bow Bridge in Central Park:

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%2...bowbridge1.JPG

http://www.stevespak.com/spak/bowbridge1.jpg

particularly if either of you are big fans of the movie Highlander
Another great photo, your making NYC homesick.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NO.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea! But to be honest, anywhere in Central Park would be amazing - I do remember there was a gorgeous Alice in Wonderland statue that was secluded and very beautiful.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect place - hope she says yes!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:52 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I have no idea! But to be honest, anywhere in Central Park would be amazing - I do remember there was a gorgeous Alice in Wonderland statue that was secluded and very beautiful.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect place - hope she says yes!
Anywhere in the park with the possible exception of Strawberry Fields; a friend and I literally walked over the mosaic at least twice looking for it.

This might be a useful tool for finding a spot: http://www.centralparknyc.org/site/P...rtualpark_main
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I was going to suggest the carriage ride earlier. It so reminds me of the last scene in 'The Way We Were'...Central Park and the Plaza. That scene never fails to make me

Why is it I am picturing Kramer and a farting horse called Rusty............

(sorry having a Seinfeld moment...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.