Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where is Old Trafford?

Where is Old Trafford?

Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:10 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Where is Old Trafford?

According to the Denver Post, not in Manchester. Muppets!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Best.pdf (24.4 KB, 227 views)
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:38 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is Old Trafford?

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
i can't open it, but it's in Salford!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

quality

least they got he was from N.I right though
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:43 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it's my firefox browser, sorry.

Now i see it. It is a bit far from the mark....
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:08 am
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cutina
i can't open it, but it's in Salford!
Actually it is in Trafford - Salford is north of the Manchester Ship Canal.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:16 am
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
Actually it is in Trafford - Salford is north of the Manchester Ship Canal.
Ok, that makes sense, I just remember walking home from there to where i lived in Salford, and that it's not manchester, so to speak. And hence the 'old trafford'. But i have to admit that i didn't realise trafford was a city.

thanks for the correction
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that makes sense, I just remember walking home from there to where i lived in Salford, and that it's not manchester, so to speak. And hence the 'old trafford'. But i have to admit that i didn't realise trafford was a city.
either way, long way from London ain't it
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:20 am
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

I had the nightmare of living on Sir Matt Busby Way, when I worked in Manchester for 6 months being a Leeds United supporter. Its nice to see that "the scum" days of winning the league year after year are finally over.

thanks for the correction
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was somewhere in Surrey...
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:26 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I thought it was somewhere in Surrey...
it would be more convenient for their fans if it was in Surrey - or are they all Chelsea fans now?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:30 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

But i have to admit that i didn't realise trafford was a city.
probably because it isn't.

It's just a borough of Greater Manchester of which there are 10.

Wigan
Bolton
Bury
Oldham
Tameside
Stockport
City of Manchester
City of Salford
Trafford
Rochdale
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:49 pm
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
I had the nightmare of living on Sir Matt Busby Way, when I worked in Manchester for 6 months being a Leeds United supporter. Its nice to see that "the scum" days of winning the league year after year are finally over.
I can understand that (scum is a bit harsh tho ), I used to serve the players and directors, who all knew i supported Everton. Not an easy thing to own up to, considering they had the treble at the time and Everton were languishing (as they are now) at the bottom!!

At least Bill Kenworth was proud of me
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:21 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand that (scum is a bit harsh tho ), I used to serve the players and directors, who all knew i supported Everton. Not an easy thing to own up to, considering they had the treble at the time and Everton were languishing (as they are now) at the bottom!!

At least Bill Kenworth was proud of me
I don't know, sometimes I would have preferred that! When we first moved from Australia to England, my brother started supporting Man U (they weren't doing that well back then) & so we all took a liking to them & I actually started following football myself (btw, I'm still in love with Ronaldo!!!). Many years later, when they were doing their best at winning everything that was going, I was in secondary school & when the boys would see my little Man U things, they would all take the piss & call me a glory supporter!!! Funny thing is, I'd probably be supporting them longer than they had their teams!!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:13 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

I couldn't let it lie. I had to write to the sports editor at The Denver Post and tell him the error of his ways. I've snipped a bit of the end of this but you get the gist! A victory I naively call my own.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Best2.pdf (27.9 KB, 149 views)
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:37 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't let it lie. I had to write to the sports editor at The Denver Post and tell him the error of his ways. I've snipped a bit of the end of this but you get the gist! A victory I naively call my own.
Nice one if only to let them know that London is not the only place in England.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.