British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Where is Old Trafford? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/where-old-trafford-340238/)

Schnorbitz Nov 30th 2005 12:10 am

Where is Old Trafford?

1 Attachment(s)
According to the Denver Post, not in Manchester. Muppets!

cutina Nov 30th 2005 12:38 am

Re: Where is Old Trafford?

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz

i can't open it, but it's in Salford!

Bob Nov 30th 2005 12:39 am

quality :D

least they got he was from N.I right though :D

cutina Nov 30th 2005 12:43 am

Oh it's my firefox browser, sorry.

Now i see it. It is a bit far from the mark....:D

Warrington Wolf Nov 30th 2005 1:08 am

Originally Posted by cutina
i can't open it, but it's in Salford!

Actually it is in Trafford - Salford is north of the Manchester Ship Canal.

cutina Nov 30th 2005 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
Actually it is in Trafford - Salford is north of the Manchester Ship Canal.

Ok, that makes sense, I just remember walking home from there to where i lived in Salford, and that it's not manchester, so to speak. And hence the 'old trafford'. But i have to admit that i didn't realise trafford was a city.

thanks for the correction ;)

Bob Nov 30th 2005 1:50 am

Ok, that makes sense, I just remember walking home from there to where i lived in Salford, and that it's not manchester, so to speak. And hence the 'old trafford'. But i have to admit that i didn't realise trafford was a city.

either way, long way from London ain't it :D

leedsPaddy Nov 30th 2005 2:20 am

I had the nightmare of living on Sir Matt Busby Way, when I worked in Manchester for 6 months being a Leeds United supporter. Its nice to see that "the scum" days of winning the league year after year are finally over.

thanks for the correction ;)

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 30th 2005 4:49 am

I thought it was somewhere in Surrey...

ScousePete Nov 30th 2005 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Boiler
I thought it was somewhere in Surrey...

it would be more convenient for their fans if it was in Surrey - or are they all Chelsea fans now?

Manc Nov 30th 2005 1:30 pm

But i have to admit that i didn't realise trafford was a city.

probably because it isn't.

It's just a borough of Greater Manchester of which there are 10.

Wigan
Bolton
Bury
Oldham
Tameside
Stockport
City of Manchester
City of Salford
Trafford
Rochdale

cutina Nov 30th 2005 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
I had the nightmare of living on Sir Matt Busby Way, when I worked in Manchester for 6 months being a Leeds United supporter. Its nice to see that "the scum" days of winning the league year after year are finally over.

I can understand that (scum is a bit harsh tho :p), I used to serve the players and directors, who all knew i supported Everton. Not an easy thing to own up to, considering they had the treble at the time and Everton were languishing (as they are now) at the bottom!!:D

At least Bill Kenworth was proud of me :p

Partystar Nov 30th 2005 4:21 pm

I can understand that (scum is a bit harsh tho :p), I used to serve the players and directors, who all knew i supported Everton. Not an easy thing to own up to, considering they had the treble at the time and Everton were languishing (as they are now) at the bottom!!:D

At least Bill Kenworth was proud of me :p

I don't know, sometimes I would have preferred that! When we first moved from Australia to England, my brother started supporting Man U (they weren't doing that well back then) & so we all took a liking to them & I actually started following football myself (btw, I'm still in love with Ronaldo!!!). Many years later, when they were doing their best at winning everything that was going, I was in secondary school & when the boys would see my little Man U things, they would all take the piss & call me a glory supporter!!! Funny thing is, I'd probably be supporting them longer than they had their teams!!!

Schnorbitz Dec 1st 2005 4:13 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't let it lie. I had to write to the sports editor at The Denver Post and tell him the error of his ways. I've snipped a bit of the end of this but you get the gist! A victory I naively call my own. :)

britontour Dec 1st 2005 4:37 pm

I couldn't let it lie. I had to write to the sports editor at The Denver Post and tell him the error of his ways. I've snipped a bit of the end of this but you get the gist! A victory I naively call my own. :)

Nice one :beer: if only to let them know that London is not the only place in England.