Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

where to live in the US

Wikiposts

where to live in the US

Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:43 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to live in the US

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
How did you get in the lottery ? ............. I know for a fact it's not open to British citizens
It is if you're from Northern Ireland:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/72835.htm

For DV-2008, natives of the following countries[1] are not eligible to apply because they sent a total of more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States over the period of the previous five years:

BRAZIL, CANADA, CHINA (mainland-born), COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, EL SALVADOR, HAITI, INDIA, JAMAICA, MEXICO, PAKISTAN, PHILIPPINES, PERU, POLAND, RUSSIA, SOUTH KOREA, UNITED KINGDOM (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and VIETNAM. Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:47 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

I bet you'd like South Dakota! It might change your mind about Houston...
haha yes i know there are worse places out there than houston however they will most definitely not be for moi
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

How did you get in the lottery ? ............. I know for a fact it's not open to British citizens
Did he say that he was a Brit?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Did he say that he was a Brit?
It's also not about citizenship, but place of birth.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

kelco is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the links advice etc the road trip sounds like a great idea

i qualified for the diversity program as im irish whole process was fairly painless once my medical and paper work was in order that was it.

i would like to settle somewhere with a sunny climate as im sick of the one season i get here on the west coast. san diego seems like the spot as its pretty much all year round sun. do employers in the states recognise degrees work experience etc from the uk? there doesnt seem to be any shortage of jobs in the financial services field from what i can see online.