Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Houston?

Where to live in Houston?

Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to live in Houston?

Hi, I'm the USC and my UK husband has the visa. He's in the oil industry and we are moving to Houston to be nearer my family.

Where do most folks in the Energy/Oil Industry live? We are not city folk, and of course anything that is decent enough for a commute <30 minutes to the energy corridor.

Thanks!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Houston?

Does your husband already have a job? If so, your choice of location will be somewhat guided by his office location - Houston is a huge city and the energy companies are not all in one area. If he's working downtown or to the east of the city you won't want to live in the same place as if he's working in Sugarland (at least not with a 30 min commute limit).