Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Only 4 months to go......

Only 4 months to go......

Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Only 4 months to go......

Is it just me? or has this just been a sh!tty year for everyone I'm sure Poppy and SM will be happy to see the back of 2009 and are hoping for a better year in 2010.

Seems to me that some years tend to start off bad and just get bloody worse I know things could be a lot worse, I try to remind myself of that regularly.

Yes, I'm having a bad day....so, how's your year going?

not looking for sympathy, karma.......misery loves company
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:57 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Only 4 months to go......

Got my green card

Had a baby, who at four months is the size of a six month old and has two teeth already.

Everything else has been shit, roll on 2010
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart

Not a good one in our household either. Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, hospital stays and more illnesses (all his btw) made it the year from hell. Although next year promises to be far worse since the cause of my migraine retires next June. Hopefully he will move to SC within months of that occasion so I can go back to singledom and peace and quiet.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:17 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Not a good one in our household either. Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, hospital stays and more illnesses (all his btw) made it the year from hell. Although next year promises to be far worse since the cause of my migraine retires next June. Hopefully he will move to SC within months of that occasion so I can go back to singledom and peace and quiet.
You should write romance novels.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me? or has this just been a sh!tty year for everyone I'm sure Poppy and SM will be happy to see the back of 2009 and are hoping for a better year in 2010.

Seems to me that some years tend to start off bad and just get bloody worse I know things could be a lot worse, I try to remind myself of that regularly.

Not been a good year for us either...deaths, accidents and illnesses. We will be glad to see the back of 2009.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Much as I am hating the thought of Christmas sneaking up on me, I sure will be happy to raise a glass to the back of 2009!!!

Of course, this time next year, I could be looking back and thinking 'that was a great year' I'm usually the eternal optimist
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:18 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been shy about sharing my mishaps and misery here, , however one bright spot (because there has to be one you know) is my little ray of sunshine granddaughter. Hope to see her over Labor Day.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Much as I am hating the thought of Christmas sneaking up on me, I sure will be happy to raise a glass to the back of 2009!!!

Of course, this time next year, I could be looking back and thinking 'that was a great year' I'm usually the eternal optimist
With the way things are at the mo, that's my concern..!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:29 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Total crap year, got to the ppoint of wake up each day wondering WTF is going to happen next

What amazes me I keep myself to myself, in the real world I am a very private person and a workaholic, but drama finds me its not as if I am married or have kids to bring it in the front door
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Total crap year, got to the ppoint of wake up each day wondering WTF is going to happen next
Focus on the positive no matter how scarce and prepare for the future but be ready for the worst. Without the negative of the past the future good times would not seem as awesome. A bright tomorrow will always come sooner or later; it always does. Hang in there,folks!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:22 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you all have a much better year next year.
Everyone around me has fallen apart this year....I keep wondering how I've got by unscathed
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:23 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Focus on the positive no matter how scarce and prepare for the future but be ready for the worst. Without the negative of the past the future good times would not seem as awesome. A bright tomorrow will always come sooner or later; it always does. Hang in there,folks!
Thank you.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Thank you.
Any time!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I had my first kid, sold our house, bought a new house, have a job, have good health (relatively!) and a few other bits and pieces so I guess life is good. Some bad stuff but all in all, decent year so far.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:50 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to scrap this shit year right now and go straight from August to January 2010. That way at least my winter will be warmer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.