Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where is everyone

Where is everyone

Old May 1st 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is everyone

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis
Hi Everyone

As this section is frequented by expats for all over the world, I was wondering where people are.

Im in Las Vegas, going home in 2.5 years.
We were in Aus for 12 years, Dubai for 6 Months and my OH is currently working in Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 1st 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice

In Nova Scotia, Canada - been here 3 years and some days I really want to live in the UK

Currently getting the house ready to be put on the market ....
Old May 1st 2012, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
The most boring place on Earth
No it isn't......it's Oban.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

heartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura about

I'm on Long Island, east of Manhattan.

Good luck to all those trying to sell up and move back to the UK. Our house has been on the market for 2 very long years. People want either high end or a complete dump. Nothing 'middle of the road' is moving around where I live. So frustrating.
Old May 3rd 2012, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofengland

Good luck to all those trying to sell up and move back to the UK. Our house has been on the market for 2 very long years. People want either high end or a complete dump. Nothing 'middle of the road' is moving around where I live. So frustrating.
Same here we are middle of the road too and not having much luck! Hope you get a buyer soon!
Old May 3rd 2012, 3:12 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofengland

Originally Posted by shirl
Same here we are middle of the road too and not having much luck! Hope you get a buyer soon!
I have my fingers in my ears, Lalalalalalalalalala.......
Old May 4th 2012, 2:42 am
Just Joined

jenny heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Calgary, Alberta. Going back in September after just under 2 years...18 weeks and counting
Old May 4th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Red-Sea-Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

We're on the Red Sea coast, in Egypt (it had to be done, when else would I get the chance!!).

Hoping to return to the UK later this year.

Old May 4th 2012, 5:06 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back for good in the UK after 29 years in Australia.

I am soooooo happy to be home.
Old May 4th 2012, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Cochrane Alberta, been out here 6 years now heading back in 3 years time.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

I am in SE Tennessee, retired and enjoying it, particularly time I spend as a volunteer. I will enjoy it even more if we have fewer tornados this year. I don't intend to return to the UK, as I am quite content here, and all the kids and grandchildren live here. To each his own I guess.
Old May 5th 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful Vancouver Island, but hoping to persuade OH to retire back in UK in 4 years time! Still undecided though, but know that I don't want to spend my twilight years here away from family and friends and UK is best option! So central in the world!!!
Old May 6th 2012, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of

I'm in Hong Kong. Been here 30 years next August so I will have had 15 years under British rule and 15 under Chinese. Didn't change things much for me I have to say. I love the place - the dynamism, the diversity, and the general level of freedom. Next weekend my wife and I will be flying back to the UK for my first visit in 9 years and our first since marrying, something I view with a mix of anticipation and trepidation. I know it has changed enormously over the past 10 years.

I am still very proud to be British (perhaps English would be more appropriate these days) and proud also to be of a generation that was brought up with certain core values and manners, which was fortunate enough to receive a good education (in state schools) and which was taught that anything is possible if you work hard.
Old May 6th 2012, 4:10 am
Just Joined

heartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shirl
Good luck to you too, Shirl, and to all those would-be sellers out there.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:39 am
Just Joined

mm04ze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paws3
I'm in Canada (East coast). It's trying to be Spring but it snowed yesterday.
Leaving early 2013.

How do you like the East Coast of Canada? Considered moving there at one time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.