Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where is everyone

Where is everyone

Old Apr 29th 2012, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Homeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where is everyone

Hi Everyone

As this section is frequented by expats for all over the world, I was wondering where people are.

Im in Las Vegas, going home in 2.5 years.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:09 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is everyone

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis View Post
Hi Everyone

As this section is frequented by expats for all over the world, I was wondering where people are.

Im in Las Vegas, going home in 2.5 years.
I'm in Australia, been here 4 years and currently at a remote posting in Far North Queensland, going back to the UK in 6 months
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Taipei, Taiwan. Been here nine months, planning to stay six years.

Where exactly are you MissBetty, if you don't mind divulging? I made it to Cape Tribulation and thought Far North Queensland was the most beautiful place on Earth. I may retire there one day!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:44 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petrichor View Post
I'm in Taipei, Taiwan. Been here nine months, planning to stay six years.

Where exactly are you MissBetty, if you don't mind divulging? I made it to Cape Tribulation and thought Far North Queensland was the most beautiful place on Earth. I may retire there one day!
Lol! I cannot divulge exactly as I work for the ambulance service and they monitor social forums like this one - already been CRUCIFIED for an innocent Facebook post ha ha ha!!!!!

Yes it is very beautiful here, stunning in fact, palm trees, sunshine, white sandy beaches but it does depend when you visit. The wet season is horrid - Nov to Feb/March constant rain, humidity, stingers in the water, snakes in the garden, eaten alive by mozzies, hungry crocs in the water and everything goes mouldy!!!! The people up here are feral too. Went to my last job, abdo pain and diarrhoea, but told patient was happy to take her to ED if she wanted to go. Her partner came home, abused the [email protected]#$ out of me (he was drunk) so had to call for urgent police assistance as he threatened to 'smash my face in' as he thought I hadn't taken her to hospital quickly enough. This was at 10 am lol!!! I get abused and threatened at least 4 times per month by patients/relatives, there is a massive drink and drug problem up here

If I retired here I would go to the Sunshine Coast or the lower part of the Gold Coast. Nicer people/weather/shops/restaurants/beaches - trust me on this one!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:47 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty View Post
Lol! I cannot divulge exactly as I work for the ambulance service and they monitor social forums like this one - already been CRUCIFIED for an innocent Facebook post ha ha ha!!!!!

Yes it is very beautiful here, stunning in fact, palm trees, sunshine, white sandy beaches but it does depend when you visit. The wet season is horrid - Nov to Feb/March constant rain, humidity, stingers in the water, snakes in the garden, eaten alive by mozzies, hungry crocs in the water and everything goes mouldy!!!! The people up here are feral too. Went to my last job, abdo pain and diarrhoea, but told patient was happy to take her to ED if she wanted to go. Her partner came home, abused the [email protected]#$ out of me (he was drunk) so had to call for urgent police assistance as he threatened to 'smash my face in' as he thought I hadn't taken her to hospital quickly enough. This was at 10 am lol!!! I get abused and threatened at least 4 times per month by patients/relatives, there is a massive drink and drug problem up here

If I retired here I would go to the Sunshine Coast or the lower part of the Gold Coast. Nicer people/weather/shops/restaurants/beaches - trust me on this one!
The middle portion sounded like the 5th level of hell. Feral people
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:55 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by Beaverstate View Post
The middle portion sounded like the 5th level of hell. Feral people
Ha ha! Well Sartre did say "Hell is other people" I love my job though and I have just been out to the sweetest old lady, I love the oldies!!!! Makes up for the ferals but yes, I've just about had enough of here!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Paws3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Canada (East coast). It's trying to be Spring but it snowed yesterday.
Leaving early 2013.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I am in Edmonton Alberta. Going home in 2 years.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 7:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny California, and it's living up to it's name today.
Up north in the hills on the way to Tahoe, in a town that no one knows where it is, even people who live 40-50 minutes away.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Torbay, North shore. NZ
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:26 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

In California, between San Francisco and San Jose.

Last edited by Pombat; Apr 29th 2012 at 9:27 pm. Reason: Typos
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Five miles outside Washington DC.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 10:47 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

The most boring place on Earth
Nova Scotia, Canada and returning home July 2013
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty View Post

Okay, you got me convinced. (Not even Port Douglas?)
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:18 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by petrichor View Post
Okay, you got me convinced. (Not even Port Douglas?)
Nope! Mind you I think Port Douglas is lovely but I have a friend who worked there as a cop and she said it's a very different place when the sun goes down!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.