Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to buy decent sausages in Bay Area?

Where to buy decent sausages in Bay Area?

Old Aug 9th 2015, 3:01 am
Just Joined

pramster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to buy decent sausages in Bay Area?

Okay, so I think I've found some decent bread.

Now the search moves onto decent breakfast sausages, or chiploatas, that are so easy to find in supermarkets in the UK.

Anyone know where I can get a decent sausage here??
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Peter124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to buy decent sausages in Bay Area?

Dittmer's in Los Altos. Schaub's in Palo Alto. Robert's in Woodside.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the tip...will try Dittmer's as it's close by, and I see from their website that they do "british bangers" :-)
Old Aug 9th 2015, 5:05 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

All else fails go to the Balson Brothers web site and have them ship to you. They pack them in freezer box with liquid ice and send 2nd day air. Not too much extra if you order enough.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzyp is an unknown quantity at this point

I always liked Saags British Bangers. Available in Safeway or sold loose in Lunardi's in Los Gatos.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

McBadger is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Peter124
ooh, thanks for the Schaub's note. I did not know that! I will be heading there soon!
Old Aug 10th 2015, 4:31 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter124
I don't like any of these places for sausages, the skin on the sausages are way too thick. I buy mine mail order from the English Pork Pie company, as they are real British sausages, not British style.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemunde in Oakland and SF. Whilst they don't typically do English style bangers, their sausages are of great quality.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by N1cky
I don't like any of these places for sausages, the skin on the sausages are way too thick. I buy mine mail order from the English Pork Pie company, as they are real British sausages, not British style.
I just checked them out, and they look great. But the cheapest shipping cost is $40, way more than the cost of the sausages I was looking to buy...
Old Aug 10th 2015, 5:18 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pramster
I just checked them out, and they look great. But the cheapest shipping cost is $40, way more than the cost of the sausages I was looking to buy...
I think it's $30 for $100 of products, around 10 packs of sausages. They come frozen, so you can just put them in the freezer and pull a pack out when you want them. It is expensive, but I wish I'd done it earlier instead of wasting $$$ on trying horrible sausages from all over the place.

If it's just breakfast style sausages you are after, F&E British breakfast sausages are actually ok, they don't have that horrible chewy skin anyway.