Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite thing about the US?

What's your favorite thing about the US?

Old May 8th 2012, 2:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favorite thing about the US?

My favorite thing about the US = ME!

Second favorite thing = Potbelly's ice tea. BEST TEA IN THE WORLD.

Third favorite = Veggie burgers. I'm sure you have some version of veggie burgers in the UK but they can't possibly be any yummier than the ones here.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:33 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie

Third favorite = Veggie burgers. I'm sure you have some version of veggie burgers in the UK but they can't possibly be any yummier than the ones here.
If I remember right, all the good veggie stuff in the UK was Linda McCartney swag, and she was one of you lot anyway.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjreisen
Isn't it time you guys get over your European bias of the US?
You know, on second thoughts...

NO!!!

The USA is a force for good.

It also, like every other country in the world, is very capable of making MONUMENTAL **** UPS.

Why? Because anything involving people is liable to a trip to **** Up City.

A bias is useful if it helps the USA (or any other country, for that matter) come out on top in the 'force for good' side of the equation.

You and the USA doesn't have to like it.

You and the USA doesn't have to do anything about it.

Either way generally you and the USA do have to suffer the consequences, good and bad.

Oh, and the above observations are general.

Take out 'USA' and insert any country's name and it is still valid.

I feel like adding "Now take your thumb out of your butt, stop whining about the USA bias and go and do something useful with your day" - but that's probably uncalled for, so I won't...
Old May 8th 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

you do know that making a burger out of a vegetarian does not make it veggie food, don't you...?
Old May 8th 2012, 2:38 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
you do know that making a burger out of a vegetarian does not make it veggie food, don't you...?
I know but the meat is soooo tender.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, your presence does make it easier to live here ...

Hmm, my wife's a big fan of ice tea, I should steer her in that direction. Myself, I prefer it hot so I stick with me lovely Tetley British Blend

Never had a veggie burger so I'll take your word for it. I did have a vegetarian pizza once - it was a cream cheese base with watercress and crap on the top. Quite nice, actually.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:43 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
If I remember right, all the good veggie stuff in the UK was Linda McCartney swag, and she was one of you lot anyway.
For teh win!!

Go team USA
Old May 8th 2012, 2:47 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I know but the meat is soooo tender.
No it isn't, vegetarians have a crap diet, so the meat is always stringy.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:55 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

1 - Oh agreed, 100%. You.

2 - Better than Chic Fil A's? We have a Potbelly's too, I'll have to try their tea. The sandswiches from there are always nice.

3 - I'm a huge fan of them. Morning Star or Gardein, boith are delicious. I never really went for them in the UK because of the taste.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:58 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by zargof
No it isn't, vegetarians have a crap diet, so the meat is always stringy.
Bull.

Corn fed is delish.

See what I did there?
Old May 8th 2012, 2:58 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid

2 - Better than Chic Fil A's? We have a Potbelly's too, I'll have to try their tea. The sandswiches from there are always nice.

3 - I'm a huge fan of them. Morning Star or Gardein, boith are delicious. I never really went for them in the UK because of the taste.
Thank you for agreeing with everything I say. You're obviously brilliant.
Old May 8th 2012, 3:01 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I must admit, your presence does make it easier to live here ...

Hmm, my wife's a big fan of ice tea, I should steer her in that direction. Myself, I prefer it hot so I stick with me lovely Tetley British Blend

Never had a veggie burger so I'll take your word for it. I did have a vegetarian pizza once - it was a cream cheese base with watercress and crap on the top. Quite nice, actually.
Do you have Potbelly's in Fox Lake? If you do - I demand that you send you're wife there immediately and forbid her to ever drink tea from anywhere else in the world EVER again.
Old May 8th 2012, 3:02 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=92
Old May 8th 2012, 3:04 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

As are you. Obviously.
Old May 8th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

You really are the complete brown-noser. Why not just send her your skiddies and be done with it, FFS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.