Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Wikiposts

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Ah the trade-off......vermin and insects or nosey neighbours.
we're lucky not to have termites here but the squirrels have been a problem which we've partially solved by getting barn cats
Living in an older property is definatly challenging .. our living room floor is sloped so all our occasional tables etc are 'shimmed' level, the previous owner did some hickabilly home improvements which totally threw us until we found the pot plants growing out back (explains the non plumb walls and state of the shower in the main bathroom).
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:20 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
1700 sq ft 1900's farmhouse with 3 bedrooms, 2½ baths, approx 2.8 acres, large dilapidated barn, workshop and other outbuildings.

do you get snakes jan we do here...we have a lake and land out in the country close to austin/georgetown but i never go as it has snakes and huge rats the size of cats in the barns plus other huge vermin.....
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:23 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
But with older houses you get to share your living space with termites and and nesting squirrels
You need to call in exterminators (AWP, Ray or me) to rid you of your squirrels.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
do you get snakes jan we do here...we have a lake and land out in the country close to austin/georgetown but i never go as it has snakes and huge rats the size of cats in the barns plus other huge vermin.....
Go out and collect the snakes .... then mail them to people who piss you off....
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Checking out a jeep wrangler on Tuesday, so I better stick to where its nice and warm - might head for Orlando
Dont say you werent warned..Jeep Wrangler FFS
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

We feed squirrels so our backyard could be heaven or hell for Ray.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:51 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
We feed squirrels so our backyard could be heaven or hell for Ray.
You attract rodents to your house ..are you mad ... and the food they drop will attract other vermin like rats....
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:51 am
Ray

Originally Posted by rushman
Dont say you werent warned..Jeep Wrangler FFS
He is a very sad case ... just stand back and smile ...
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Nope no snakes, I'm sure they are around somewhere but never seen one close to the house. Gotta say the barn cats do a great job of keeping the rodent population down, we do feed the cats in the winter and we have lost a few to visiting coyotes but thats life i guess. Our only other option would be to sit out back and shoot the lil blighters.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:54 am
Ray

. Our only other option would be to sit out back and shoot the lil blighters.
Sounds good to me !!
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
He is a very sad case ... just stand back and smile ...
In the words of that great American litracy genius, B.A Barracus.."I pity the fool"
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have 750 sq. ft. (apparently) when I was in Chicago; the attached pic was taken after I'd just moved in - with the all important ironing board.

Now I have nothing to call home Until next month at least.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-dscf0040.jpg  
Old Mar 26th 2006, 5:06 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope no snakes, I'm sure they are around somewhere but never seen one close to the house. Gotta say the barn cats do a great job of keeping the rodent population down, we do feed the cats in the winter and we have lost a few to visiting coyotes but thats life i guess. Our only other option would be to sit out back and shoot the lil blighters.
yeah that's nature i guess. we have rattle snakes and some of them are big uns...we've tried barn cats but the rats are bigger than they are and the cats run off, don't blame them so country life is definitely not for me even in the city last yr we had two little snakes but even the small ones can be vicious critters...what with that and the huge mozzies.. nope not a nice place to live
Old Mar 26th 2006, 5:08 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
1960 square feet, in Arkansas. How about some more pictures?
Wow, what a lovely house, with that great veranda. That's what my dream home looks like, with all the land. I'll post a photo of my house, as soon as we get one! Unfortunately, they don't really make houses like that around here, just 'Aztec' looking ones!
Old Mar 26th 2006, 5:13 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
:scared:
The damage is the light coloured wood at the bottom, They don't eat drywall, I did that, (took it off, not ate it I mean)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.