Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's with Brits and Florida?

What's with Brits and Florida?

Old May 16th 2007, 1:42 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's with Brits and Florida?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's for me to know and you to find out.
oooh JG!
Old May 16th 2007, 1:46 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Got my mini stuck in the sand in Talacre.

Did you? We had a place there (maybe rented, I don't know) so we went a lot of weekends and a few weeks every summer. We went all over Wales from there.

I have been to Florida twice and Calif. twice and going to Calif. next week for a conference, just 4 days.

I was walking all afternoon today, sun shinning and everyone smiling and being chatty, New York at her finest. Loved it
Old May 16th 2007, 4:26 pm
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

if it gets too hot, just jump in the ocean! beats skeggy any day
Old May 16th 2007, 4:29 pm
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

but the reason why many brits go to florida is the cost of living is affordable, the british exchange rate, the heat, the ocean and the british ex-pat community there. compared with tthe west coast its cheap in florida and your money goes far.
you can even buy the daily mail at publix! i used to read it every day, lying out on the beach, that paper validated my reasons for moving to the USA and becoming a citizen.
Old May 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I still prefer Rhyl.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:13 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
if it gets too hot, just jump in the ocean! beats skeggy any day
And play with the sharks/rays/blowfish/sea lice/riptides.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:14 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

but the reason why many brits go to florida is the cost of living is affordable, the british exchange rate, the heat, the ocean and the british ex-pat community there. compared with tthe west coast its cheap in florida and your money goes far.
you can even buy the daily mail at publix! i used to read it every day, lying out on the beach, that paper validated my reasons for moving to the USA and becoming a citizen.

Aaahaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Old May 16th 2007, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I know loads of people do this, but I've never understood the attraction of moving to a different country and surrounding oneself with people from the country you've just left. To me, one of the joys of living abroad is the fact that you can be exposed to a different society and meet people from backgrounds that are diverse to one's own.

Oh, and the climate in FL sucks anyway.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I know loads of people do this, but I've never understood the attraction of moving to a different country and surrounding oneself with people from the country you've just left. To me, one of the joys of living abroad is the fact that you can be exposed to a different society and meet people from backgrounds that are diverse to one's own.

Oh, and the climate in FL sucks anyway.

i dont live in florida, i live in the foothills of the appalachian mountains. not so many british up here, well the descendents of the british empire, indentured servants brought over in their thousands from london to pay off their debts in the farms of georgia.
i travel to miami frequently. the rest of florida is ok, especially onthe beaches but inland it can get scrubby and quite trashy.

it appeals to brits 'cos of the exchange rate and cheap cost of living.

i could never live there as its too humid and too many white wanna be gangsters.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Old William
Aaahaaaaa!!!!!!!!
yeah the daily mail was the only british paper they had, and i was just reading it for the football.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:29 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

i dont live in florida, i live in the foothills of the appalachian mountains. not so many british up here, well the descendents of the british empire, indentured servants brought over in their thousands from london to pay off their debts in the farms of georgia.
i travel to miami frequently. the rest of florida is ok, especially onthe beaches but inland it can get scrubby and quite trashy.

it appeals to brits 'cos of the exchange rate and cheap cost of living.

i could never live there as its too humid and too many white wanna be gangsters.
So basically your talking from the same experience as Kev N Trace. You don't live here haven't really been here but you passed it on the I75

Last edited by Thydney; May 16th 2007 at 8:33 pm.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:30 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I still prefer Rhyl.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
So basically your talking from the same experience as Kev N Trace. You don't live here haven't really been here but you passed it on the I75
Note to Tracy: never date a guy called Kevin.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Note to Tracy: never date a guy called Kevin.
lol I was thinking that - I don't know who they were - but NOT me! NOT Me!
Old May 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by Tracym
lol I was thinking that - I don't know who they were - but NOT me! NOT Me!
Often coming from Essex and seen cruising round Sarfend on Sea and Chelmsfud in one of these....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.