Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's with a breast?

What's with a breast?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:01 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's with a breast?

Originally Posted by ironporer

"I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't want to see."

Yeah, right.

There is nothing more natural than breast feeding a baby- which has to be done on the baby's schedule, not those around it. Cathy breast fed Paul in public down here when required, she didn't hide it, nor did she just flop it out in the open. Nothing was ever said...even though I was just waiting for someone to.
Yet another example of the hypocrisy of the US. They are the first to scream "land of the free" and get teary eyed over freedom, yet then turn around and scold a young mother for breastfeeding her child. Talk about the ultimate in double standards.

America is the only place I know where people will watch bomb blasts in Israel with very little emotional reaction, yet cause an uproar when an uncensored ass-crack appears in a TV show.

The more I come across this, the more it is pissing me off.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

When we first came to live in the US we were astonished to see victims from car crashes...alive or dead...on the TV news. Just think...a wife and kids eating breakfast...'oh look mummy, there's daddy's car and there's daddy lying in the road'. :scared:
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:14 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When we first came to live in the US we were astonished to see victims from car crashes...alive or dead...on the TV news. Just think...a wife and kids eating breakfast...'oh look mummy, there's daddy's car and there's daddy lying in the road'. :scared:
Odd- in 45 years I have never seen that here...though in Germany and Spain it was quite common to see on TV or in the papers. My first day in Spain a major hotel burned in Zaragoza, and I was shocked to see krispy kritters and watermelon splats (from jumping 12 stories to their death) all over the front page of the Heraldo de Aragon
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:14 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yeah, but if the womans dress was torn in the accident, and her nipple was exposed, up goes the digitized blurring to make sure you don't see such an awful, disturbing image.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

its at times like these when I'm reminded of one my favourite comedies... coupling.

Jeff: I think breast brains would be over-egging the woman pudding. Besides, you give breasts the power of independent thought and the next thing that happens they don't get on.

Jeff: You know what, there's something I've always wanted to say and, erm, now I feel that at long last I can. Breasts. Breasts, breasts, breasts, breasts, breasts!

from the episode called "The Girl with Two Breasts"
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
Yeah, but if the womans dress was torn in the accident, and her nipple was exposed, up goes the digitized blurring to make sure you don't see such an awful, disturbing image.
Now you are bringing in a deliberate malfunctioning wardrobe incident.

Not all Americans are prudes. I, myself, have no problem with seeing a woman breastfeed, or nude on a beach, however, I don't think she should be walking down a street in her birthday suit. And I don't think that I am alone in my way of thinking.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What does breastfeeding a child in public have to do with saying America is the land of the free. Freedom does not mean you can flaunt the laws that you feel you don't want to obey.

I want to know how many tears are you spilling when you watch those bombs exploding. Or is hypocrisy only limited to the people of the US and not found in peoples of other countries.

Yet another example of the hypocrisy of the US. They are the first to scream "land of the free" and get teary eyed over freedom, yet then turn around and scold a young mother for breastfeeding her child. Talk about the ultimate in double standards.

America is the only place I know where people will watch bomb blasts in Israel with very little emotional reaction, yet cause an uproar when an uncensored ass-crack appears in a TV show.

Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:28 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by Rete
What does breastfeeding a child in public have to do with saying America is the land of the free. Freedom does not mean you can flaunt the laws that you feel you don't want to obey.

I want to know how many tears are you spilling when you watch those bombs exploding. Or is hypocrisy only limited to the people of the US and not found in peoples of other countries.
Well this discussion was in the context of America, so why bother analysing reactions of those in New Zealand? The point I am making is that America is accussed of hypocrisy more than other countries simply because you bleat ad hominem about freedom, constitutional rights, the freedom to be who you wanna be, etc - yet it is all superficial.

In reality, Americans have no more or less freedom than Australians, Brits, Swedes or Spanish. You can drive a car, but you can't speed or be wreckless. You can have sex - just not in public. But you don't see the Aussies serving 'freedom fries'. You don't hear of the Brits going ON and ON and ON about how they lets you be who you wanna be. Constant chanting about how America doesn't restrict it's women, doesn't place restrictions on culture or art, etc.

And yet you DO censor women. Such a small number of topless/nude beaches compared to Europe incase someone - GASP! - glimpses a naked breast. Music is routinely censored, TV is heavily edited or banned, gambling is illegal, etc etc etc. You have no business 'marketing' America as the leader in a peaceful, loving and freedom worshipping world, when there are so many restrictions that you place on your own people.

A mother wanting to discretely breastfeed a child in the corner of a restaurant is so unthinkable to those two customers, who were no doubt a couple of uber-christians who chuckle at racist jokes and scowl at gays. Makes me sick. HYPOCRISY!

Last edited by Tolos; Jul 28th 2006 at 8:50 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by USBound
its at times like these when I'm reminded of one my favourite comedies... coupling.

Jeff: I think breast brains would be over-egging the woman pudding. Besides, you give breasts the power of independent thought and the next thing that happens they don't get on.

Jeff: You know what, there's something I've always wanted to say and, erm, now I feel that at long last I can. Breasts. Breasts, breasts, breasts, breasts, breasts!

from the episode called "The Girl with Two Breasts"
ROFLMAO! I LOVE that series. Shadheim!!!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Well this discussion was in the context of America, so why bother analysing reactions of those in New Zealand? The point I am making is that America is accussed of hypocrisy more than other countries simply because you bleat ad hominem about freedom, constitutional rights, the freedom to be who you wanna be, etc - yet it is all superficial.

In reality, Americans have no more or less freedom than Australians, Brits, Swedes or Spanish. You can drive a car, but you can't speed or be wreckless. You can have sex - just not in public. But you don't see the Aussies serving 'freedom fries'. You don't hear of the Brits going ON and ON and ON about how they lets you be who you wanna be. Constant chanting about how America doesn't restrict it's women, doesn't place restrictions on culture or art, etc.

And yet you DO censor women. Such a small number of topless/nude beaches compared to Europe incase someone - GASP! - glimpses a naked breast. Music is routinely censored, TV is heavily edited or banned, gambling is illegal, etc etc etc. You have no business 'marketing' America as the leader in a peaceful, loving and freedom worshipping world, when there are so many restrictions that you place on your own people.

A mother wanting to discretely breastfeed a child in the corner of a restaurant is so unthinkable to those two customers, who were no doubt a couple of uber-christians who chuckle at racist jokes and scowl at gays. Makes me sick. HYPOCRISY!
Superb
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
A lot judging by this story - ridiculous. My wife laughs the most (she's a brit) when she see's a fuzzied out breast on The health Channel or TLC...

The Mericans' will end up dressing like Muslims soon and covering themselves up completely...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/27/nur....ap/index.html
This prudeness is mental. I was listening to local radio yesterday afternoon and they ran a commercial for an all nude live strip joint followed by a add for houses for sale in a great family neighborhood?
I don't know why people get there knickers in a twist over a pic of a boob, yet its ok to have a strip club down the road. Maybe if boobs were allowed to come out in public more often the obsession would be less. Imagine what the reaction would be to the old page 3 girls
Tits toast and the morning coffee......... it would be an outrage!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
Imagine what the reaction would be to the old page 3 girls
Tits toast and the morning coffee......... it would be an outrage!
Hubby got in to trouble on the Ship for reading the Sun on line His Chief said we cant have you reading those sorts of news papers, there's naked Women in them, poor Sailors at Sea, cant have them be red blooded Males anymore now can we.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

You know Im confused now because on the one hand you seem to espouse the virtues of living in the land of the free and how you can freely live off the slavery of others and then onm the other hand you spout on about how you despise the place. I think you're confused, slightly disturbed, and just a tad bit out of balance.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Hubby got in to trouble on the Ship for reading the Sun on line His Chief said we cant have you reading those sorts of news papers, there's naked Women in them, poor Sailors at Sea, cant have them be red blooded Males anymore now can we.
Dear oh dear, poor hubby thats awful.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic

Set the camera to automatic....you'll have to send him some photos of yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.