British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What's with a breast? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/whats-breast-387252/)

franc11s Jul 28th 2006 1:57 pm

What's with a breast?

A lot judging by this story - ridiculous. My wife laughs the most (she's a brit) when she see's a fuzzied out breast on The health Channel or TLC...

The Mericans' will end up dressing like Muslims soon and covering themselves up completely...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/27/nur....ap/index.html

kingfisher241049 Jul 28th 2006 2:01 pm

Re: What's with a breast?

Originally Posted by franc11s
A lot judging by this story - ridiculous. My wife laughs the most (she's a brit) when she see's a fuzzied out breast on The health Channel or TLC...

The Mericans' will end up dressing like Muslims soon and covering themselves up completely...

I guess thats one reason men find breasts so fascinating, because women like to hide them, or they are considered by some to be just sex organs. Go to any resort in mainland Europe and you will see them openly on display, which I think is a lot more healthy, and takes the mystery out of them.

Andy_LongIsland Jul 28th 2006 2:01 pm

I think it's sad - perfectly natural imo - the more I see things like this the more I think the US is in the middle ages (actually they were probably more liberal back then) :)

TouristTrap Jul 28th 2006 2:20 pm

Good thing these people won't be going to Africa anytime soon. They'd have to take smelling salts with them *rolleyes*

I was in a restaurant a few years ago, and a woman was nursing her baby discreetly. You should have heard the two old farts carrying on about how indecent it was, they got up and left.

I went up to the gal and commended her on the fact she was b/feeding.

Rete Jul 28th 2006 2:29 pm

Ridiculous isn't it. I read the story this morning. My daughter is breastfeeding her son and we have been out in public together where she has had to excuse her to either find a ladies room or private corner or back to the car to feed Wyatt. Have seen the looks she gets from women coming into the ladies room where she is discreetly feeding him. She is covered so what is the problem. That is what a breast is for; not a sex symbol which is only in a man's opinion anyway.

Funny but I was with her in the hospital the day after the baby was born and then again when he was readmitted for jaundice a few days later. The nurse came by to give her pointers on breastfeeding and I laughed when she didn't even bother to cover herself up in the room which had the nurse myself and her husband in it. Said all sense of embarrassment disappears after giving birth what with so many people involved in the birthing process and instructional process, you lose your inhabitions.

Andy_LongIsland Jul 28th 2006 2:33 pm

Wonder what those people who complained would think about This then hehe :D

Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe is to appear on the London stage next year, playing a stable boy who has an erotic relationship with his horses

TouristTrap Jul 28th 2006 2:36 pm

:D

I wish that the larger supermarkets, etc, would get with the program and install 'nursing' space for moms. Some of our malls down here have 'family' rooms where you can go and nurse, but it is not widespread.

I recall having to sit in an unused storage room at the back of a grocery once, while this old dear stood guard outside the door, turning the men away... :D That particular chain went on to have nursing rooms, which I think is a brilliant idea.

TouristTrap Jul 28th 2006 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Wonder what those people who complained would think about This then hehe :D

OMG! :eek: :scared:

Andy_LongIsland Jul 28th 2006 2:38 pm

hehe they'll be mass burnings of harry potter dvds now :D

franc11s Jul 28th 2006 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
:D

I wish that the larger supermarkets, etc, would get with the program and install 'nursing' space for moms. .

I think this only adds to the problem... Making it "private" gives up what it really is. Feeding a new life to sustain life. Don't hide it, be proud.

We men are not that friggin horny, we'd never have been able to go on a European holiday !!!! This is a wonderful thing, wonderful. Flaunt it. IMHO.

TouristTrap Jul 28th 2006 3:59 pm

I think this only adds to the problem... Making it "private" gives up what it really is. Feeding a new life to sustain life. Don't hide it, be proud.

We men are not that friggin horny, we'd never have been able to go on a European holiday !!!! This is a wonderful thing, wonderful. Flaunt it. IMHO.

You perv. :D

I've posted before. Was watching ole Rick Steves (or the Brit fella in Globetrekkers?maybe) and he was merrily rowing down the river in Germany. They had to blur the entire bank as they were all out there in their b/day suits enjoying the sun... :D

Jerseygirl Jul 28th 2006 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
You perv. :D

I've posted before. Was watching ole Rick Steves (or the Brit fella in Globetrekkers?maybe) and he was merrily rowing down the river in Germany. They had to blur the entire bank as they were all out there in their b/day suits enjoying the sun... :D

My husband travels to Sweden quite often on business. He said when you step outside the office building during the summer, there are fellow female co-workers sat/laying on the grass topless.

AmerLisa Jul 28th 2006 6:39 pm

I think its sad - just as sad as something I read on CNN the other day concerning a host for a pre-school show - PBS Sprout.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

When/where is a pre-school child going to come across this video?

ironporer Jul 28th 2006 6:45 pm

"I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't want to see."

Yeah, right.

There is nothing more natural than breast feeding a baby- which has to be done on the baby's schedule, not those around it. Cathy breast fed Paul in public down here when required, she didn't hide it, nor did she just flop it out in the open. Nothing was ever said...even though I was just waiting for someone to.

Angry White Pyjamas Jul 28th 2006 6:59 pm

More examples of religious freaks ruining what could be a perfectly good country.