Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What would you miss?

Wikiposts

What would you miss?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:14 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you miss?

Nothing.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Nothing.
That goes for me to.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

The great Florida weather{apart from the hurricanes and the rain we've had for the past few day's]The beautiful beaches ,the hot tub and our wonderful orchids that grow like weeds, could never get them to survive in u.k
Being able to go to the store 24 hours a day if I need to, and the fact that the country does not close down for 2 weeks on every bank holiday.
God Bless America I love it.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
The great Florida weather{apart from the hurricanes and the rain we've had for the past few day's]The beautiful beaches ,the hot tub and our wonderful orchids that grow like weeds, could never get them to survive in u.k
Being able to go to the store 24 hours a day if I need to, and the fact that the country does not close down for 2 weeks on every bank holiday.
I think you'v been over here to long, Tescos has been open the past 5 years 24 hours!!!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:28 pm
ImHere

Tesco's and sainsburys open 24/7 in most places in the UK. I dont remember the UK closing for 2 weeks every bank holiday...infact I seem to recall we used to do a lot of our DIY type shopping on Bank Holidays.

Theres beautiful beaches in Britain. Cant argue about the weather to go with them mind you.

Funny how people mention the Chavs. They'll go the way of the punks, rockers and mods once the Media stop giving them so much attention and everyone gets bored of them.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:42 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Punks, rockers and mods. That's a scary thought. The aforementioned arrived early at the music that was to define a generation.

With regard the Chav, does this mean that Burberry baseball caps are the new Sex Pistols? :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:53 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
That goes for me to.
and me!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:56 am
Just Joined

TheWilliamsons is on a distinguished road

Dont think that I miss anything. My kids have a better way of life and nicer people around them. The area we used to live in was not that good and was getting a bad name. Everyone wanted to fight you on every corner and no one had any pride any more. I wanted more for my family and if it ment leaving UK great. If it should not work out for me in the USA then Ill try Europe but I dont think and I hope that I wont want to go but to the UK again. My parents are still very upset that I took their grandchildren away from them but as I said to them they never ever looked after them or helped in anyway so what do they have to miss!! Think they just liked the guilt trip they gave me as we boarded the plane.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well it shuts down around here at every holiday...and 24/7 shops...naaa...nothing like that, most towns are dead by 9pm....
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:30 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben
Which 'states' aren't you allowed to turn on red?

friendly people, the weather, being 3,000 miles away from the in-laws
Manhattan
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Tesco's and sainsburys open 24/7 in most places in the UK. I dont remember the UK closing for 2 weeks every bank holiday...infact I seem to recall we used to do a lot of our DIY type shopping on Bank Holidays.

Theres beautiful beaches in Britain. Cant argue about the weather to go with them mind you.

Funny how people mention the Chavs. They'll go the way of the punks, rockers and mods once the Media stop giving them so much attention and everyone gets bored of them.
I have a feeling that Sentosa must have left the UK a very long time ago! The UK has had 24/7 shopping for quite some time now and bank holidays are known for shopping rather than relaxing!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well it shuts down around here at every holiday...and 24/7 shops...naaa...nothing like that, most towns are dead by 9pm....
Yep, that's something that really shocked me about the US ... if you want to eat out you have to make sure you go early because most places seem to start closing at about 9pm ... they certainly seem to like being tucked up in bed early here!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Decent Mexican food, USDA beef, Jack in the Box, the weather, happy people, the Beach, Disney ( ),spending much more time with my wife and kids than I ever did in the UK, my beautiful car, decent caesar salad, great sex shops, KCAL9 weather girl Jackie Johnston, pool, hot tub, barbies, Costco, Target, Vons, the mountains, tucker, the space !, our house, our yard, our garage, our huge bed, Pattys, I-Hop breakfast, Oscar Meier bacon, West Hollywood in general , Melrose Avenue shopping , the coffee, Seaworld, Sportie LA, Pacific Carwash, drive through ATMs, our postman, SOME of the people I work with, Matt Dennys pulled pork, price of clothes, price of eating out, the first two exits on the I605 south every morning when I can put my foot down, palm trees in the garden, gas prices (at the moment), finishing work and it still being light, no ugly overages, six flags magic mountain, Sierra Nevada ale, "soup or salad," , "did you find everything you need," never locking doors, gardeners, the fact that ever new day still brings a suprise ....
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:16 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Decent Mexican food, USDA beef, Jack in the Box, the weather, happy people, the Beach, Disney ( ),spending much more time with my wife and kids than I ever did in the UK, my beautiful car, decent caesar salad, great sex shops, KCAL9 weather girl Jackie Johnston, pool, hot tub, barbies, Costco, Target, Vons, the mountains, tucker, the space !, our house, our yard, our garage, our huge bed, Pattys, I-Hop breakfast, Oscar Meier bacon, West Hollywood in general , Melrose Avenue shopping , the coffee, Seaworld, Sportie LA, Pacific Carwash, drive through ATMs, our postman, SOME of the people I work with, Matt Dennys pulled pork, price of clothes, price of eating out, the first two exits on the I605 south every morning when I can put my foot down, palm trees in the garden, gas prices (at the moment), finishing work and it still being light, no ugly overages, six flags magic mountain, Sierra Nevada ale, "soup or salad," , "did you find everything you need," never locking doors, gardeners, the fact that ever new day still brings a suprise ....
USDA beef??? You mean the stuff which is full of growth hormones and antibiotics? :scared:

Oscar Meier bacon??? Now you've lost me !!!

Seems you're still in holiday mood perhaps?

But hey, good luck to you
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
USDA beef??? You mean the stuff which is full of growth hormones and antibiotics? :scared:

Oscar Meier bacon??? Now you've lost me !!!

Seems you're still in holiday mood perhaps?

But hey, good luck to you

Nah ..no holiday mood - I know the beef is full of hormones but I tastes nice and I really do prefer the bacon here - HONEST !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.