Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What would you do????

What would you do????

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do????

To answer the initial question, yes I would answer the door.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i have mace everywhere
Good girl .but replace it every two years .....
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Good girl .but replace it every two years .....
i didn't know that. the one in my car has been there for about 3 yrs and infact all the others probably need replacing as well so will add that to my shopping list...tks for that info.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nethead
To answer the initial question, yes I would answer the door.
brave lady that's all i can say although you might think twice about opening the door if you lived in houston where the OP lives.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't know that. the one in my car has been there for about 3 yrs and infact all the others probably need replacing as well so will add that to my shopping list...tks for that info.
Like all aerosols they can get hinkey after a few years..
Reliability is what you must have ..
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

brave lady that's all i can say although you might think twice about opening the door if you lived in houston where the OP lives.
No I'm not brave but I live in a very safe neighbourhood in the suburbs with houses all around and there is always people about. If it was someone knocking at the door after 10pmish I may think twice about answering, I don't know.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

No I'm not brave but I live in a very safe neighbourhood in the suburbs with houses all around and there is always people about. If it was someone knocking at the door after 10pmish I may think twice about answering, I don't know.
After dark which is around 7 o clock here, I surly would think twice about answering the door while on my own.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

i was meaning you would be brave opening the door given the circumstances the OP was in and given her location.

in the uk we live in a very safe area like you i wouldn't think twice about opening the door until say 10pmish.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

i was meaning you would be brave opening the door given the circumstances the OP was in and given her location.

in the uk we live in a very safe area like you i wouldn't think twice about opening the door until say 10pmish.
Yeah well I don't know as I'd open the door where she lives either.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:42 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

BE SCARED! FEAR! FEAR! THEY ARE COMING!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: What would you do????

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
OK, This evening, about 10 mins ago, I had a rather tall man, knocked at my door, and scruffily dressed. It is getting dark here in Houston, and I dont know this man, my dogs are barking, I have tinted windows, so I can peek at him through the study window, without him seeing me, and I dont know who the hell he is, or why the f//k someone is knocking at my door at this time of night. I tell my boys, dont answer the door. Anyway, he leaves, and then proceeds to go to my neighbours homes. My first point is, why the hell would someone be knocking at my door at a time when I may be having dinner with my family, and why the f//k is he knocking at my door when it is getting dark, and also we have a f//kin great sign at the entrance of our neighbourhood, that clearly say NO F///kin solicitors. How dare these people come to my home, and upset me specially when my hubs is away...

Sorry rant over, but this really pisses me off and scares me

PD

Have switched the burglar alarm on, and feel better now, oh also had a glass of wine, and talked to my brother, who just happened to call, and he is 7000 miles away, and would be of no use in an emergency, but a friendly voice always helps

Sorry, but I just feel so annoyed that I feel uncomfortable in my own space

Tell em to SOD OFF, you don't have an APPOINTMENT!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:44 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
OK, This evening, about 10 mins ago, I had a rather tall man, knocked at my door, and scruffily dressed. It is getting dark here in Houston, and I dont know this man, my dogs are barking, I have tinted windows, so I can peek at him through the study window, without him seeing me, and I dont know who the hell he is, or why the f//k someone is knocking at my door at this time of night. I tell my boys, dont answer the door. Anyway, he leaves, and then proceeds to go to my neighbours homes. My first point is, why the hell would someone be knocking at my door at a time when I may be having dinner with my family, and why the f//k is he knocking at my door when it is getting dark, and also we have a f//kin great sign at the entrance of our neighbourhood, that clearly say NO F///kin solicitors. How dare these people come to my home, and upset me specially when my hubs is away...

Sorry rant over, but this really pisses me off and scares me

PD

Have switched the burglar alarm on, and feel better now, oh also had a glass of wine, and talked to my brother, who just happened to call, and he is 7000 miles away, and would be of no use in an emergency, but a friendly voice always helps

Sorry, but I just feel so annoyed that I feel uncomfortable in my own space

You did the right thing. It would have bothered me too. Glad everything turned out ok!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:48 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Bad things happen in nice areas too.... recent case in point a family of 3 in Cheshire, CT (lovely neighbourhood) killed after 2 men gained entry at 9.00am. I think you are a tad naive.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by looselips
Bad things happen in nice areas too.... recent case in point a family of 3 in Cheshire, CT (lovely neighbourhood) killed after 2 men gained entry at 9.00am. I think you are a tad naive.
I am aware that bad things happen in 'nice' areas, I don't believe I'm naive either. If I was scared of something happening I'd never leave the house or cross the road ffs. It's like saying because of what happened on 9/11 I won't fly. I won't be scared into not answering my own door, if someone wants to murder me they will whether I answer the bleedin' door or not.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:47 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I am aware that bad things happen in 'nice' areas, I don't believe I'm naive either. If I was scared of something happening I'd never leave the house or cross the road ffs. It's like saying because of what happened on 9/11 I won't fly. I won't be scared into not answering my own door, if someone wants to murder me they will whether I answer the bleedin' door or not.
I agree total paranoia did he kill anyone ? No so he wasn't a crazed maniac as infact most people aren't. Get a grip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.