Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What would you do????

What would you do????

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:24 am
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What would you do????

OK, This evening, about 10 mins ago, I had a rather tall man, knocked at my door, and scruffily dressed. It is getting dark here in Houston, and I dont know this man, my dogs are barking, I have tinted windows, so I can peek at him through the study window, without him seeing me, and I dont know who the hell he is, or why the f//k someone is knocking at my door at this time of night. I tell my boys, dont answer the door. Anyway, he leaves, and then proceeds to go to my neighbours homes. My first point is, why the hell would someone be knocking at my door at a time when I may be having dinner with my family, and why the f//k is he knocking at my door when it is getting dark, and also we have a f//kin great sign at the entrance of our neighbourhood, that clearly say NO F///kin solicitors. How dare these people come to my home, and upset me specially when my hubs is away...

Sorry rant over, but this really pisses me off and scares me

PD

Have switched the burglar alarm on, and feel better now, oh also had a glass of wine, and talked to my brother, who just happened to call, and he is 7000 miles away, and would be of no use in an emergency, but a friendly voice always helps

Sorry, but I just feel so annoyed that I feel uncomfortable in my own space

Last edited by Perfumdiva1; Oct 3rd 2007 at 12:36 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:28 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: What would you do????

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
OK, This evening, about 10 mins ago, I had a rather tall man, knock at my door, and scruffily dressed. It is getting dark here in Houston, and I dont know this man, my dogs are barking, I have tinted windows, so I can peek at him through the study window, without him seeing me, and I dont know who the hell he is, or why the f//k someone is knocking at my door at this time of night. I tell my boys, dont answer the door. Anyway, he leaves, and then proceeds to go to my neighbours homes. My first point is, why the hell would someone be knocking at my door at a time when I may be having dinner with my family, and why the f//k is he knocking at my door when it is getting dark, and also we have a f//kin great sign at the entrance of our neighbourhood, that clearly say NO F///kin solicitors. How dare these people come to my home, and upset me specially when my hubs is away...

Sorry rant over, but this really pisses me off and scares me

PD
It was the guy from "Publishers Clearing House" with a cheque for 2 million bucks and you just blew so you could eat your hambuger helper in peace.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:29 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a homeless guy asking for money. I've had a few come to my door from time to time back when I lived in the city. One was really stoned and was asking me for money to help her buy some drugs at the pharmacy that the doctor ordered her to take. Didn't fall for that one.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rushman
It was the guy from "Publishers Clearing House" with a cheque for 2 million bucks and you just blew so you could eat your hambuger helper in peace.
Oh darn, I blew that one then

As for hamburger helper, that devill creation shall never cross my threshold

Still scared me tho
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Probably a homeless guy asking for money. I've had a few come to my door from time to time back when I lived in the city. One was really stoned and was asking me for money to help her buy some drugs at the pharmacy that the doctor ordered her to take. Didn't fall for that one.
Bloody hell, that guy looked liked he was on a mission, and I live in the burbs, and he would have to have a bit of a trek to get to the nearest Walgreens. Whether he was selling a magazine or whatever, I dont appreciate knocking at my door EVER, specially when it is getting dark
(unless it is my pals ofcourse)

Not kidding, really sent the wind up me, a couple of years ago, we had this guy come to our door, saying he was the son of one of my neighours, Dr ....., and that I should give him some money for a trip to the UK, any when I said I would think about it, he took his umbrella and started bashing my front door. I had a house full of British girls, and they all came rushing to my rescue at the front door and scared him off. Anyway, it turned out, he was not the son of my neighbour, and just a chancer.

Hey ho

PD
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:06 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, that guy looked liked he was on a mission, and I live in the burbs, and he would have to have a bit of a trek to get to the nearest Walgreens. Whether he was selling a magazine or whatever, I dont appreciate knocking at my door EVER, specially when it is getting dark
(unless it is my pals ofcourse)

Not kidding, really sent the wind up me, a couple of years ago, we had this guy come to our door, saying he was the son of one of my neighours, Dr ....., and that I should give him some money for a trip to the UK, any when I said I would think about it, he took his umbrella and started bashing my front door. I had a house full of British girls, and they all came rushing to my rescue at the front door and scared him off. Anyway, it turned out, he was not the son of my neighbour, and just a chancer.

Hey ho

PD
**** me your not married to Pony are you? Talk about paranoid
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:13 am
Account Closed

Pony who, care to elaborate??
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
**** me your not married to Pony are you? Talk about paranoid
You know, I am not f///kin paranoid, just careful and stop being such a s//t, I was genuinely scared, and that was that OK, and no I wouldnt **** you

God, hope your wife/mum/sister/daughter never gets freaked out and asks you for help you, a// hole

Last edited by Perfumdiva1; Oct 3rd 2007 at 1:17 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:20 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I am not f///kin paranoid, just careful and stop being such a s//t, I was genuinely scared, and that was that OK, and no I wouldnt **** you

God, hope your wife/mum/sister/daughter never gets freaked out and asks you for help you, a// hole
OK what were you scared of a man who knocked at your door for no other reason thats paranoid. You'll be getting tooled up incase some urban types come to your street. Oh and BTW theres should be two// not three in ****ing
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
OK what were you scared of a man who knocked at your door for no other reason thats paranoid. You'll be getting tooled up incase some urban types come to your street. Oh and BTW theres should be two// not three in ****ing
There is 3 /// if you say it with passion, and, yes I was scared of a man knocking on my door when it was nearly dark, and I would be scared if I were in the UK or the US, or wherever. So, you obviously feel that every girl should be welcoming of a knock on the door at any time of the day or night by a strange man, well I am not, and no I am not paranoid, just careful
And yes, we do have guns in the home, but only choose to use them on special occasions
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

There is 3 /// if you say it with passion, and, yes I was scared of a man knocking on my door when it was nearly dark, and I would be scared if I were in the UK or the US, or wherever. So, you obviously feel that every girl should be welcoming of a knock on the door at any time of the day or night by a strange man, well I am not, and no I am not paranoid, just careful
And yes, we do have guns in the home, but only chose to use them on special occasions
Calm down everyone!! I can see how you would be concerned being on your own and all - but is it really that strange for someone to knock at your door? What kind of neighbourhood is it? If you are concerned then ignore it as you have done. Its not unusual to have people knock on your door surely?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

And yes, we do have guns in the home, but only choose to use them on special occasions
Hope you are feeling better now mate

I don't blame you for feeling scared either. Can you call your neighbour and see if they know what or who he was looking for?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Hope you are feeling better now mate

I don't blame you for feeling scared either. Can you call your neighbour and see if they know what or who he was looking for?
Ta for that

He eventually left, as I was watching him..

I seriously was going to call our local police

Oh, how I wish I was a ruffy tuffy man
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Big D
Calm down everyone!! I can see how you would be concerned being on your own and all - but is it really that strange for someone to knock at your door? What kind of neighbourhood is it? If you are concerned then ignore it as you have done. Its not unusual to have people knock on your door surely?
Big D

Yes actually, it is very unusual for anyone to be knocking on doors here. I live in a very nice, quiet neighbourhood, so when someone came knocking on my door at dusk, then I was of course worried. If my hubs was at home, he would have dealt with it, but as I said he isnt, so I did what I did, ignore it and put the alarm on.

I may be a wimp, but I would have done the same anywhere and not just in Houston

Ps That came across as harsh, and I didnt mean to

Last edited by Perfumdiva1; Oct 3rd 2007 at 1:51 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:51 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, just noticed you were in Texas. Isn't someone knocking on the door at night grounds for a justifiable shooting there? You could probably just shoot first next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.