Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do?

Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:57 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would Jesus do?

I made a visit to a new wine store today which had recently opened. It is one of those mega-stores with umpteen thousand bottles of wine.

The wife and I like wine and will usually buy a case every week or two. We brought with us a coupon which we had cut from the local paper. The coupon was for $15 off the purchase of 12 or more bottles of wine. (Each bottle had to be $9.95 or more)

So we selected our 12 bottles of wine and proceeded to the check-out. We presented our coupon to the cashier who checked it carefully and then checked that we did indeed have 12 bottles of wine. She then gave us a discount of $15 for each bottle of wine. The total discount was $180! The balance was $10.37! My wife and I looked at each other - surely the cashier was going to notice that she had made a mistake, but no, she just carried on and charged us $10.37.

As we were driving (very fast!) away from the store, I said to my wife, "Should we have said anything?"

Would you???
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:00 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would Jesus do?

Originally Posted by ScousePete

As we were driving (very fast!) away from the store, I said to my wife, "Should we have said anything?"

Would you???

Frankly, yes, I would have.

This cashier is quite likely to lose her job over this IF it were to be discovered.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

"Should we have said anything?"

Would you???
I'd have said "Another 6 cases please"
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:18 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I made a visit to a new wine store today which had recently opened. It is one of those mega-stores with umpteen thousand bottles of wine.

The wife and I like wine and will usually buy a case every week or two. We brought with us a coupon which we had cut from the local paper. The coupon was for $15 off the purchase of 12 or more bottles of wine. (Each bottle had to be $9.95 or more)

So we selected our 12 bottles of wine and proceeded to the check-out. We presented our coupon to the cashier who checked it carefully and then checked that we did indeed have 12 bottles of wine. She then gave us a discount of $15 for each bottle of wine. The total discount was $180! The balance was $10.37! My wife and I looked at each other - surely the cashier was going to notice that she had made a mistake, but no, she just carried on and charged us $10.37.

Would you???
Maybe she heard the Scouse accent, thought you were going to rob her and panicked?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:20 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Would you???
Yes. Not because I'm a particularly honest person, but because my mouth works faster than my brain and I would undoubtedly have said something along the lines of "that can't be right" before I'd thought it through.

I wouldn't be visiting that store again in a hurry either
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:22 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus really never had a need for a wine store, he just turned H2O into zinfendel and he was done!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:23 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Maybe she heard the Scouse accent, thought you were going to rob her and panicked?
That's probably it!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wintersong
my mouth works faster than my brain
Evident from your posts on here
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:58 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just impressed that each of your bottles was more than $15. Clearly a man after my own heart (or possibly liver)!

Life's too short to drink $4.99 Texas Zinfandel.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:00 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...and as for Jesus... have you ever tasted Israeli wine?!?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Life's too short to drink $4.99 Texas Zinfandel.

Too right mate, a gallon of antifreeze is cheaper than that and you get a better buzz.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Would you???
They'll probably just notice it in 3 years and then charge it to your credit card.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:08 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Evident from your posts on here
In for a penny, in for a pound, eh? You figured you're going to get the arse kicking anyway so you might as well make damn sure you're going to deserve it come boxing day?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:09 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

nahh mate from a scouser to a scouser I'd have done the same thing .....cheers it's the time for giving right and you just took, nowt wrong with that...enjoy
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:17 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Would you???
Was the store Total Wine by any chance?

How did you pay? Cash or a card? If it's the latter, is it possible the store will contact you about the charging you incorrectly?

If I were in your shoes, I would've pointed out the cashier's error. I would like to be able to return to the store with a clear conscience but that's just me.

As for Jesus. He wouldn't have had to buy the wine. He would've made it himself, just like in the Bible!

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.