Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This is what we are looking at doing...

This is what we are looking at doing...

Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is what we are looking at doing...

Originally Posted by atnixon
ha ha ha ha.....i shall just be sticking to english here am afraid....

What do people think then? about myself and my FEMALE partner ( lol...sorry, had to get that one in ) way of doing things?

Thanks

Niko

Well actually you won't be doing much of anything on your end for quite sometime. And for that matter a British solicitor will not be very helpful with US immigration unless they are also schooled in US immigration issues.

Your USC finance will be the one to start the paperwork for your Fiancee Visa by filing form I-129F at the appropriate service center stateside. Eventually you will be entering the arena for the K-1 process.

Suggest you read the wiki above for information on the K-1 visa.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 5th 2007 at 2:24 am.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Have two meet already? Or is this going to be the first face to face meeting for you?

If it is not the first one, then have her file NOW before the end of July when the prices are due to skyrocket upwards.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Have two meet already? Or is this going to be the first face to face meeting for you?

If it is not the first one, then have her file NOW before the end of July when the prices are due to skyrocket upwards.
I think he might want to do a romantic proposal.

I'd love to plan a romantic wedding - the USCIS does rather get in the way.

Good point re. the fees of course.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:01 am
Concierge

Well a romantic wedding does not take long to plan. It is the large expensive wedding that takes forever.

You figure 6 months to get the K-1 visa, then you have 6 months to activate it, and then another 90 days once inside of the US to get married. You are talking at least 15 months here for planning time.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Well a romantic wedding does not take long to plan. It is the large expensive wedding that takes forever.

You figure 6 months to get the K-1 visa, then you have 6 months to activate it, and then another 90 days once inside of the US to get married. You are talking at least 15 months here for planning time.
LOL well true. Except we would like to be together sooner, so he'll probably come over fairly soon after the visa. And I'm just adopting the whinge and moan principle, since I'd like to get married on the beach - and if he doesn't make it before the end of summer, I'm more likely to get married in a snowstorm

I do have to get his family over from Scotland, my best friend from Florida, etc. So just a few coordination issues.

Could be worse I'm sure.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'd like to get married on the beach - and if he doesn't make it before the end of summer, I'm more likely to get married in a snowstorm I do have to get his family over from Scotland, my best friend from Florida, etc. So just a few coordination issues..
Easy Tracey ..... fly down to Florida ...pick up a licence I will marry you on our local beach...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Easy Tracey ..... fly down to Florida ...pick up a licence I will marry you on our local beach...
Be careful, we might take you up on it

I think anyone who wants to can be ordained into an internet ministry... Reverend Ray does have a certain ring to it.

Now, who wants to take care of four 90-lb dogs...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:18 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Take them with you, they could be ring bearers!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful, we might take you up on it
I think anyone who wants to can be ordained into an internet ministry... Reverend Ray does have a certain ring to it.
I am an ordained Minister ....but in Florida Notary public
can marry people .. I am a notary as well ..
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
I am an ordained Minister ....but in Florida Notary public
can marry people .. I am a notary as well ..
Cool! Well you never know... are you anywhere near Fort Myers?

Actually, if I take the dogs along to my friend's house - I told her husband they would easily clear up that pesky cat problem he has... four cats... four dogs... one for each!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Take them with you, they could be ring bearers!
Actually, if we get married on the Michigan beach, some dog(s) will come I'm sure.

One of them LOVES to stick his cold nose on any exposed bare flesh. So he would be especially delighted with men in kilts.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Blueiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, this will be our first meeting.. We have read quiet a bit on the USCIS's website as our original plan was to meet in the US, get married, and go from there.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:54 am
Ray

GeeZ .. I lived with my wife for 6 years before making that decision ...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
GeeZ .. I lived with my wife for 6 years before making that decision ...
That does sound like a scary thing. Immigration doesn't allow that 6 year "getting to know you" period though.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That does sound like a scary thing. Immigration doesn't allow that 6 year "getting to know you" period though.
Why not?
There IS more than one way to skin a cat, as they say (90# dogs excluded).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.