Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What to Negotiate?

What to Negotiate?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

mmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nice
Default Re: What to Negotiate?

Originally Posted by rebs
+1 on getting professional help with your tax.

Also on the tax, make sure that they 'gross up' any expenses they pay, so the employer pays the tax due on those amounts.

On the house hunting trip, I've known a few people do the house hunting trip while the L1 was in progress and they had no issues. We did ours after we had been given our visas, but that was purely because it suited our timetable.
Thank you rebs, i will definietly look into the CPA as it seems a total bitch and something that will be worth the help or even if i have to contribute for it i dont care, just to make sure its all taken care of.

My visa process is all still very much in the early stages, so i am maybe concerning myself with something that wont even come around but hey i guess i should be prepared.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of
Default Re: What to Negotiate?

Originally Posted by mmac88
Ok i will start from the top. Yes it was me who asked for the transfer but my company have been rather forthcoming with everything.

Im 99% sure that they are applying for a L1A visa for me, according to the law firms emails.

They are willing to cover the costs of transporting my belongings, to be honest isnt alot. I am travelling alone, and as i stay at home just now i dont really have too much to move.

The company are also going to cover 100% Health care, which i believe to be a good thing.

I am going to be working out of their Westminster office, so have been looking around the area of Fullerton as a kind of start for somewhere to live, as its close to work and also close to where my friends stay(Chino Hills)

Flights to have a look around, and holidays i will have to try and negotiate in the coming weeks.....anything else?
Lucky you .... near the Old Ship

http://www.theoldeship.com/fullerton.html