Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What are the fees for the K1

What are the fees for the K1

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default What are the fees for the K1

Hi, it's me again

I'm just wondering what the fees are for the complete process of the visa. I know my part as the USC is $110 for the I-129F form, but do you guys know what my UK Fiance pays. Does he have a visa fee as well? I know they charge 125 pounds for the medical,anything else? thanks in advance.
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 1:13 am
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are the fees for the K1

Originally posted by katnap8:
Hi, it's me again

I'm just wondering what the fees are for the complete process of the visa. I know my part as the USC is $110 for the I-129F form, but do you guys know what my UK Fiance pays. Does he have a visa fee as well? I know they charge 125 pounds for the medical,anything else? thanks in advance.
Hi again!!
We have to stop meeting like this!!!!!
I found a link for the latest visa fees. It doesn't include any fees he might have to pay if he needs vaccinations, but I'm going to get any I might need from my GP, as they can be quite pricey if he needs to have them at the embassy. All the fees are in dollars, so if you know the exchange rate, it'll give your fiance some idea on the total cost. I think it's about $1.50 to every British pound, maybe a bit less.
Hope this helps.
Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://k1.exit.com/k-1sixth.html
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by katesuiter:

Hi again!!
We have to stop meeting like this!!!!!
I found a link for the latest visa fees. It doesn't include any fees he might have to pay if he needs vaccinations, but I'm going to get any I might need from my GP, as they can be quite pricey if he needs to have them at the embassy. All the fees are in dollars, so if you know the exchange rate, it'll give your fiance some idea on the total cost. I think it's about $1.50 to every British pound, maybe a bit less.
Hope this helps.
Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://k1.exit.com/k-1sixth.html

Thanks for your response. I hope you don't mind me asking you a ton of questions. Which Service center did your fiance use. I'm filing at the California one.
Also, I've asked this before, not sure if you're one of the ones that responded, but how did you compile your papers to submit, I've heard people use, paper clips or the acco fasteners, but I'm not sure.
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 1:43 am
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katnap8:

Thanks for your response. I hope you don't mind me asking you a ton of questions. Which Service center did your fiance use. I'm filing at the California one.
Also, I've asked this before, not sure if you're one of the ones that responded, but how did you compile your papers to submit, I've heard people use, paper clips or the acco fasteners, but I'm not sure.
I managed to find a nice floppy plastic file with a clear front, and it had two prongs in it. I used a two whole punch and my fiance made sure they would be able to see the $110 money order first!! Cha-ching for INS!!! I wouldn't bother with poly pockets, and sorting your file that way, as the whole point is to make it so that it can be easily taken apart.

My fiance put the fee on top, then the cover letter, the I129F petition, the biographical data forms, the letters of intent, legal docs, photos, and then the evidence of our relationship. All the bits I couldn't punch, such as adit pics (I didn't want to staple anything to the forms) I put in envelopes, one for each of us, and punched that instead. Make sure you write what's in the envelopes though, in case they get overlooked. I also told Corey to write a list of what the file contained on the cover letter. so they can see what's supposed to be in there. I also told him to write I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION on the posting envelope, so the SC knew what was in there when they got it. I didn't want to leave anything to chance.

Best of luck to you, and give me a yell if you need any more info, and I'll try and help.

Luv Kate.xxxxxxx

(We're going through Texas.)