Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What Do You Miss?

What Do You Miss?

Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Do You Miss?

Originally Posted by gardnma
Probably because you were constantly nished as a pewt and couldn't find the door, let alone the car keys.
I learnt by the age of 21 that all alcohol did me no favor's at all and turned me very nasty, so that was no good being as I was in the trade it's self, so among the customers I was a very unusual Land Lady
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Probably because you were constantly nished as a pewt and couldn't find the door, let alone the car keys.
What would she want the car keys for....she lived there.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:58 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
No, if it's moving it's coming to Pennsylvania

I miss the NHS, Tesco and Asda, fashionable clothes and shoes and my hairdresser.
That makes me sound like a vain hypochondriac!

I'm no where near Texas myself, I was just trying to think of a state that was big enough to accomodate it!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:59 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

How a bout we just tow it over and anchor it off the Virginia coastline?
It'll still be an island and the climate will be better too.
Could even run a ferry service.

You can be here in 2 days from Texas.

Okay, that'll work!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:00 pm
Blondie22

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol now i'll go along with that plan

That's because I said Texas!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britvic
I learnt by the age of 21 that all alcohol did me no favor's at all and turned me very nasty, so that was no good being as I was in the trade it's self, so among the customers I was a very unusual Land Lady
If you run another one when you go back, you will have a customers from this forum when they are on their hols back there.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

If you run another one when you go back, you will have a customers from this forum when they are on their hols back there.
I know I was only talking about it with Hub's the other day, I might well have to go back into what I know at least we would have a home of sorts rather than renting the first few years, but I would much prefer to do it again when Pierce is about 10, it can be hard on the kids.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

I know I was only talking about it with Hub's the other day, I might well have to go back into what I know at least we would have a home of sorts rather than renting the first few years, but I would much prefer to do it again when Pierce is about 10, it can be hard on the kids.
We lived next door to a pub when I was younger and I had my first summer jobs there. The children of the owners were allways the center of attention and the family had their own house attched to the pub.
Would you want to run a pub outside of town?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We lived next door to a pub when I was younger and I had my first summer jobs there. The children of the owners were allways the center of attention and the family had their own house attched to the pub.
Would you want to run a pub outside of town?
Yes with the Boy now to think of. My Girl's enjoyed the fuss when we went back into it when they were older, and are both still working in the trade, I just meant it's better when they are a little more independent, because Mum dose not have so much spare time.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:54 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Yes with the Boy now to think of. My Girl's enjoyed the fuss when we went back into it when they were older, and are both still working in the trade, I just meant it's better when they are a little more independent, because Mum dose not have so much spare time.
OK can you make decent cocktails or are you more the ale and cider bartender
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
OK can you make decent cocktails or are you more the ale and cider bartender
I've got a few of my own cocktails which went down well with the punters, but I much prefer to run the old fashioned type Pub, you can keep the posy wine bars.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:05 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a few of my own cocktails which went down well with the punters, but I much prefer to run the old fashioned type Pub, you can keep the posy wine bars.
I must be a ponse! As I have never liked ale/beer etc, but love my cocktails. And I love real old-fashioned pub's.
I guess when you open one back home I'll just have to visit and ask very nicely if you'd make me one
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I must be a ponse! As I have never liked ale/beer etc, but love my cocktails. And I love real old-fashioned pub's.
I guess when you open one back home I'll just have to visit and ask very nicely if you'd make me one
It would be a pleasure my friend
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:13 am

It would be a pleasure my friend
aah thanks
one lemon drop whenever it is then
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm easy Vic....Grand Marnier straight up...make it a large one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.