Reload this Page >

What do expats miss from the UK

What do expats miss from the UK

Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:47 am
Just Joined

MizzKat will become famous soon enoughMizzKat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What do expats miss from the UK

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Yes us Scots like our tea black and weak.When you are home in May look out for Scottish blend makes a lovely cuppa
It must definately be a Scottish thing. I don't like it black but I do like it weak. Or what my mum used to call "baby tea". I like it weak, milky and sweet.....And tomorrow will definately see a trip to HEB to find the ONLY teabag worth talking about Tetley of course...

With Lipton being a Gorbals boy, you would think his company would have understood how to make proper tea? Must be cause it's now too many generations removed.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Miss:
comedy and some tele in general
curries
decent fish and chips, cod in general
decent grocery stores and markets
ease and cost of travel around europe
uncle bens stir fries
macains microwave pizzas and chips
walkers crisps, especially smoky bacon and prawn cocktails
mates
playing footie
parks
being able to cycle around
public transport
ease of getting decent temp jobs, and jobs in general
the springs and none humid summers
mobile phone reception
being light out even really late at night in the summers

don't miss:
cost of petrol
cost of eating out
my sister and having to sort out her puter
massive parking fines and tiny slots for parking, I'm getting use to the huge spaces we have out here
chavs
mobile phones...oxymoron I know, but it'll be nice to have the option of not using one rather than just because there ain't reception

and now, time for bed, g'nite
try www.ukgoods.com for your walkers crisps,you have to buy them by the box,but thas no problem for me,as the yanks in the house eat most of them anyway,lol
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by candy wy.
shows how much insurance plans are different.
we had been on the insurance 5 days son cut his head open trip to emergency 8 staples in the head. $560 bill. all covered by insurance.
can you give me the insurance company and number if poss ? thx
Old Jun 15th 2005, 5:50 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

My wife's a yankee and she was with me for about 6 months back in blighty before we moved back over here - and even SHE misses English chocolate - she won't eat American stuff anymore !