British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What car? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/what-car-236657/)

dbark Jun 16th 2004 6:33 pm

Originally posted by AndySmithers
Oh that's SAD - naming your vehicle!
(My truck is called Terence!).

Andy.
Well, my Explorer is called ..... DORA!! Of course! :p

jaytee Jun 16th 2004 6:37 pm

I was going to answer import, but then I remembered my parents initially had faith in American built cars and bought a new station wagon. They soon learned not to buy any American vehicle and bought new imports instead.

Ash UK/US Jun 16th 2004 6:43 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Am I the first to admit to a Korean made vehicle? I know Korean products had a bad rep in the past but they backed it up with a good warranty :D

We have a new Santa Fe...

Jan Alaska Jun 16th 2004 10:08 pm

1 Attachment(s)
ok hubbys feeling a bit left out, plus me saying i got an old dodge caravan makes us look like the poor folks so heres a pic of his jeep ... Gertie

dbj1000 Jun 16th 2004 10:26 pm

Heh! Nice to see that we Brits are doing our bit for the environment by driving small vehicles!

I'll stick to my nice little VW Golf (which often feels like the smallest damned car on the Texas roads!!).

...and to balance that out, our other car is a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country weighing something like 3 tonnes and boasting a bloody great V6 to drag it around :)

Britdrinker Jun 16th 2004 10:34 pm

Originally posted by ray6
My pride and joy
I've got one of those too (Dodge Ram Quad Cab). This being Texas, I just had to get the Lone Star edition with 20 inch wheels. The wife (a Texan) drives a 3 Series Beemer!

Pharrya Jun 17th 2004 12:20 am

1 Attachment(s)
Both me and the Mrs have Japanese - tho mine has 'Made in Illinois' written on it. A bottom-of-the-range 1995 Mitsubishi Galant.

Photo was taken with a really crappy polaroid....

Brit'n'TX Jun 17th 2004 1:33 am

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Am I the first to admit to a Korean made vehicle? I know Korean products had a bad rep in the past but they backed it up with a good warranty :D

I also drive a Santa Fe (work for a dealership!)

My wife drives a Dodge Neon

Brit'n'TX Jun 17th 2004 1:33 am

Originally posted by Ash UK/US

Ash UK/US Jun 17th 2004 2:15 am

Originally posted by Brit'n'TX

Yeah I was surpised at how much I liked the Santa Fe when we were shopping for a new vehicle... We also looked at the Kia Sorrento and a Land Rover Free Lander out of the 3 both my husband and I prefered the Santa Fe. Handled nicely through the winter too

Ash :)

lairdside Jun 17th 2004 2:20 am

I'm in the Euro category. Drive a semi-gasguzzling ML320. I'm considering replacing with a Porsche Cayenne but have heard that they are experiencing build quality problems in the first couple of years of production.

TimFountain Jun 17th 2004 3:35 am

1 Attachment(s)
Jag is the run around!

TimFountain Jun 17th 2004 3:38 am

1 Attachment(s)
Tribute is the shopping trolley with an engine!

DaveC Jun 17th 2004 3:39 am

Originally posted by dbark
Well, my Explorer is called ..... DORA!! Of course! :p
LOL! :DMy nephew's favourite cartoon.

dbj1000 Jun 17th 2004 4:06 am

TimFountain, can you make those pictures a bit bigger please?